Bicycle Infrastructure

Roads - Rails - Sidewalks - Bikeways
sdho
US Bank Plaza

Re: Bicycle Infrastructure

Postby sdho » January 21st, 2019, 9:25 pm

And I guess I don't really get your issue with the roundabouts. You have instant right-of-way, and far less delay than a regular bike lane at a signal. And way less stress than having to merge into the roundabout traffic like a regular bike lane at aroundabout.

Will be even better after they get the green paint down this year for the "crossbike"

Vagueperson
Landmark Center

Postby Vagueperson » January 25th, 2019, 3:18 pm

I wrote a post proposing buffered bike lanes in DT St. Paul of 5th and 6th. I wasn't sure beforehand whether to propose them on the right side (the bus side) or the left side (sometimes parking lanes). Any thoughts?

https://streets.mn/2019/01/24/downtown- ... and-bikes/

Silophant

Postby Silophant » January 25th, 2019, 4:55 pm

As much as I dislike the left-hand bike lanes on 9th and 10th in DT Minneapolis, dodging out of the bike lane to get around a stopped bus is much worse. Left-hand lanes would be my vote. There's plenty of parking in DT St Paul, it wouldn't be missed. (Though it would be argued about endlessly)

Vagueperson
Landmark Center

Postby Vagueperson » January 25th, 2019, 5:59 pm

I hope public works will take a look at this. I was thinking of just swapping out with a traffic lane because there seem to be extra. Also seems less politically difficult than swapping out parking. Some of the parking is bookended with bumpouts which wouldn't allow bike lanes (can't remember how many blocks this is true).

Return to “Transportation”