Blue Line LRT

Roads - Rails - Sidewalks - Bikeways
Minneapolisite

Re: Blue Line (Hiawatha LRT)

Postby Minneapolisite » August 31st, 2014, 10:38 am

The only justification I could come up with myself is to serve neighborhoods south of Minnehaha that are just outside of a walkable distance, though I wouldn't imagine that would be all that many people. Addressing severe lack of pedestrian access is definitely a better reason. I notice a few empty grass lots in the area: makes me wonder why there isn't a randomly tall apartment building all by its lonesome like the one over in Highland Park.

image from Google Maps

And that makes me wonder how something that tall ever got built in Highland Park in the first place.

web

Postby web » September 1st, 2014, 10:45 pm

I forget how close Franklin Station is to Seward, but it doesn't help when all you see from there is a suburban arterial and a Taco Bell. Just think how many more people would visit if something nice was done to woo people in to where all the good stuff is.
hang at the cabooze or the joint

Minneapolisite

Postby Minneapolisite » September 6th, 2014, 4:36 pm

It´s pretty hard to miss those places though from the train, unlike everything on Franklin. I've been The Joint and it gets a thumbs up. I still haven't made it to the Cabooze or Whiskey Junction somehow and they're even within easy stumbling distance from the station.

grant1simons2
IDS Center

Postby grant1simons2 » September 6th, 2014, 4:40 pm

You haven't been to the Cabooze? I've been there and I can't even legally go to 98% of the shows there

FISHMANPET
IDS Center

Postby FISHMANPET » September 8th, 2014, 11:40 am

Can anyone explain how the 84 connects to the 46h St Station? My wife got a job that she can take either the 46 or the 84 to, from the 46th st Station, but I can't make heads or tails of the map to figure out which 84 gets her back to the LRT. She just ended up at Snelling and University, which is fine, but it would be nice to know how to get back to 46th St.

HuskyGrad
Union Depot

Postby HuskyGrad » September 8th, 2014, 11:44 am

Can anyone explain how the 84 connects to the 46h St Station? My wife got a job that she can take either the 46 or the 84 to, from the 46th st Station, but I can't make heads or tails of the map to figure out which 84 gets her back to the LRT. She just ended up at Snelling and University, which is fine, but it would be nice to know how to get back to 46th St.
Southbound 84F and 84H go to 46th St Station.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

MinnMonkey
Landmark Center

Postby MinnMonkey » September 8th, 2014, 5:45 pm

Someone was trespassing in the northbound tunnel at the airport and delayed trains by 40 minutes. All while the Green Line was out of service. Hectic evening for MetroTransit.

Minneapolisite

Postby Minneapolisite » September 8th, 2014, 6:49 pm

Southbound 84F and 84H go to 46th St Station.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Yep: steer clear of the D: that goes way south from Ford & Cleveland.

FISHMANPET
IDS Center

Postby FISHMANPET » September 8th, 2014, 6:50 pm

Actually the D takes here where she needs to go, but the D doesn't connect to the 46th St station, so I guess the 46 it is for her.

IllogicalJake
Target Field

Postby IllogicalJake » September 8th, 2014, 10:02 pm

Actually the D takes here where she needs to go
i talk too much. web dev, downtown. admin @ tower.ly

mister.shoes
Wells Fargo Center

Postby mister.shoes » September 9th, 2014, 9:34 am

Levity. Well done.
The problem with being an introvert online is that no one knows you're just hanging out and listening.

MinnMonkey
Landmark Center

Postby MinnMonkey » September 14th, 2014, 6:00 pm

Today on 35W south of downtown, I saw several Metro Transit buses displaying Blue Line Express. Anyone know what this is?

VAStationDude
US Bank Plaza

Postby VAStationDude » September 14th, 2014, 6:33 pm

Vikings game special service.

seanrichardryan
IDS Center

Postby seanrichardryan » September 20th, 2014, 1:12 pm

Derailed
Q. What, what? A. In da butt.

MNdible
is great.

Postby MNdible » September 20th, 2014, 3:54 pm

Yep, derailed.

Blue line, between T-2 Judgement Day and MOA.

HiawathaGuy
Wells Fargo Center

Postby HiawathaGuy » September 21st, 2014, 9:40 am

It derailed right at 30th Ave S.
The article stating between MOA & Terminal 2 is such sloppy reporting- because it's about a 4 mile stretch between those two places. If it derailed at 30th, just say that. They could have stated that was between the 28th Ave. S. and Bloomington Central Station, which is between MOA & Terminal 2.

Plus 30th Ave. S. is currently where the City of Bloomington is rebuilding that road & continuing Lindau Lane through what used to be the park & ride lot, to 30th.

So, if I had to guess, the derailment happened because there was something on the track at 30th that caused that middle train to derail.

fehler
Rice Park

Postby fehler » September 21st, 2014, 1:24 pm

You do realize that the Blue Line crosses 30th Ave at the 38th Street Station, too.

HiawathaGuy
Wells Fargo Center

Postby HiawathaGuy » September 21st, 2014, 2:15 pm

You do realize that the Blue Line crosses 30th Ave at the 38th Street Station, too.
The Blue Line does not cross 30th Ave S at the 38th Street Station. It comes close, but doesn't actually cross it.
https://www.google.com/maps/place/Minne ... 842f7aee07

But that wasn't my point. The updated Strib article does a better job reporting on the derailment than yesterday's initial story. My point was more around yesterday's story simply saying that the train derailed "between Terminal 2 and MOA." While that may 'technically' be correct, it wouldn't have been difficult to state exactly where along the line it happened (which was known) and be a little more clear - which is what I wrote in my post earlier.

blobs
Nicollet Mall

Postby blobs » September 21st, 2014, 6:08 pm

Can't believe it derailed. Scary!

MinnMonkey
Landmark Center

Postby MinnMonkey » September 25th, 2014, 6:37 pm

Has any seen ridership numbers for the Blue Line since the Green Line opened? Trains seem a lot busier since June.