Hennepin & Lyndale Bottleneck Project

Roads - Rails - Sidewalks - Bikeways
RailBaronYarr
Capella Tower

Re: Hennepin & Lyndale Bottleneck Project

Postby RailBaronYarr » April 5th, 2016, 3:38 pm

I was totally thinking this.
Just having a little fun :)

I'm hoping they can keep this project on track. I rely much more heavily on the 6 to/from downtown come December once I stop biking every day.

David Greene
IDS Center

Postby David Greene » April 5th, 2016, 5:22 pm

Well Sam, you're piss poor at making assumptions. I bought CHEAP AF!

And piss poor at making your point clear enough to be understood or logical, and therefore piss poor at gaining any credibility.
And piss poor at having or displaying any empathy, which also counts against credibility.
Thanks David, any place to start, other than having initial conditions documented?
I can only speak from our house experience. We didn't have specific before pictures so it sounds like you're already ahead of the game on that. Documenting initial conditions is important. I'd definitely get photos inside the basement (foundation) and walls. Any horizontal cracks that develop are of particular concern. Stairstep cracks are usually ok according to people I've talked to.

We had a structural engineer come out and look at the house. He checked cracking in the basement and upper floors, checked the levels of floors and windows and other such things. Thankfully he said everything was fine. Good to get the peace of mind, though.

So, get before photos of as much as possible, then if you suspect *anything* might be wrong, hire a structural engineer. I don't know how that process differs for multi-unit buildings.

EDIT: Talking to neighbors in other buildings will help too.
Last edited by David Greene on April 5th, 2016, 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

David Greene
IDS Center

Postby David Greene » April 5th, 2016, 5:26 pm

Agreed, cause you know street sweeping season is coming up quickly. I'm sure those things will wreak havoc on windows, mailboxes, and cars much more than you would think. Not to mention the vibrations those little devil machines give!
Jesus Christ just stop.

SamHartmen

Postby SamHartmen » April 5th, 2016, 6:47 pm

And piss poor at having or displaying any empathy, which also counts against credibility.

I do have empathy for those who have to deal with problems with damages. I think it's "piss poor" of you to have the assumption that I don't care. Still does not mean I think the taxpayers should be paying to repair the costs of ripping up a roadway. Now every time a fire truck drives by my street the building shakes does that mean if there is damage due to those vibrations and if I can be proved that is what caused damage should the fire department and city pay for repairs? I think that would be just as frivolous. If the city is following standard construction rules they shouldn't be subjected to excessive frivolous claims. How could a city ever continue to function with older buildings slowly becoming great and great targets to damage by vibrations? Building a new structure and the extreme vibrations I would agree you may be able to make a claim against the developer, even in your situation maybe you should be targeting the contractor for not fixing the structure to withstand the vibrations of roadway removal.

Other than that, I agree this is a non-issue so let's move on please, and of course you have my sympathy for your damaged building, swaying bed, and having to endure with the noises that comes with roadway construction. Best of luck in your situation.

Nathan
Capella Tower

Postby Nathan » September 14th, 2016, 10:25 am

The pedestrian refuges are but poured unfinished curbs at hen and Vineland and people are already using them a ton. Like everytime I go through people have already adapted and feel more comfortable.

seanrichardryan
IDS Center

Edgie for the win

Postby seanrichardryan » January 27th, 2017, 12:10 pm

Is it possible to fix the bottleneck at Hennepin and Lyndale?
A reconstruction project has improved the Hennepin/Lyndale intersection, but stops short of redressing decades of bad decisions.

http://www.startribune.com/is-it-possib ... 411984346/
Q. What, what? A. In da butt.

seanrichardryan
IDS Center

Postby seanrichardryan » January 27th, 2017, 1:21 pm

We can most certainly do better.
Q. What, what? A. In da butt.