Hennepin Avenue Reconstruction (Douglas to Lake St)

Roads - Rails - Sidewalks - Bikeways
Oreos&Milk
Metrodome

Re: Hennepin Avenue Reconstruction / E Line (Uptown to Downtown)

Postby Oreos&Milk » November 12th, 2018, 7:56 pm

Ohiosotan wrote:
November 12th, 2018, 2:21 pm
I'd still like to see mid-block crosswalks. When developers build these new downtown mega projects they include things like this which existing downtowns largely refuse. Developers know that you need narrow streets, lots of marked crosswalks, and low speeds (the street below is posted at 25 MPH) and they get it done their way and the city stands back and let's them. So why doesn't the city of Minneapolis do what the Columbus suburb of Dublin has?

https://goo.gl/maps/mzxPFGPqQQm
..but we do have mid block crossings on hennepin.. *hint* look UP! :lol:

I'd agree on Nicollet they should have mid block crossings on the street. Hennepin is pretty crowded I don't see how it would mesh well with bike lanes, bus lanes, and car lanes... yikes! I enjoy your... eh, I'd say hopefulness!

BoredAgain
Landmark Center

Postby BoredAgain » November 22nd, 2018, 10:45 am

The stretch of Hennepin south of Lake is open again. I happened to be there yesterday picking up a book at Magers & Quin. There were half a dozen cars parked in the new bike lanes between Lake and 31st. There was also a traffic cop giving them tickets. This is the first time I have seen a traffic cop ticketing cars in a bike lane.

jtoemke
Landmark Center

Postby jtoemke » November 22nd, 2018, 11:09 am

BoredAgain wrote:
November 22nd, 2018, 10:45 am
The stretch of Hennepin south of Lake is open again. I happened to be there yesterday picking up a book at Magers & Quin. There were half a dozen cars parked in the new bike lanes between Lake and 31st. There was also a traffic cop giving them tickets. This is the first time I have seen a traffic cop ticketing cars in a bike lane.
Thanksgiving feelssssss

MSPtoMKE
Rice Park

Postby MSPtoMKE » November 22nd, 2018, 12:57 pm

Yeah, I was at the Apple Store yesterday, and they employees were commenting that one person would park, and then several others would follow their lead. I have a feeling that there is going to be a lot of cars dropping off or picking people up in the bike lane, even if they don’t officially park.
My flickr photos.

nmin
Block E

Postby nmin » November 23rd, 2018, 6:04 pm

MSPtoMKE wrote:
November 22nd, 2018, 12:57 pm
Yeah, I was at the Apple Store yesterday, and they employees were commenting that one person would park, and then several others would follow their lead. I have a feeling that there is going to be a lot of cars dropping off or picking people up in the bike lane, even if they don’t officially park.
After how many years this is still a chronic problem in Dinkytown on 4th St. SE. Especially bad when a new crop of students show up every fall.

Return to “Transportation”