Downtown St Paul airport

Roads - Rails - Sidewalks - Bikeways
at40man
Rice Park

Downtown St Paul airport

Postby at40man » November 16th, 2013, 7:03 am

I have a flight arriving at the downtown St Paul airport. Has anyone else ever flown in here - what should I expect?

talindsay
Wells Fargo Center

Re: Downtown St Paul airport

Postby talindsay » November 16th, 2013, 7:30 am

Wow - charter, i assume but even at that - that's pretty unusual. No idea but be sure to document for us!

Wedgeguy
Capella Tower

Postby Wedgeguy » November 18th, 2013, 6:26 pm

Been 2 decades since I was last out there, but I doubt there is much of anything as far as a terminal. I don't ever remember them building a new terminal out there,. But that might have changed when they wanted to move more of the business jets out of MPLS. Again that really did not happen either as business travelers did not want to have to travel extra to and from St. Paul.

THERAT
Metrodome

Postby THERAT » November 19th, 2013, 8:47 am

The main charter terminal is located on Eaton street(south side). This is where the majority of the new hangers are and where St Paul flight center operates. The clasic old terminal(administration building) houses airport operations is located on Bayfield. This use to be the main terminal for arrivals and departures and even had a restarant until the 90's. You can still walk thru the building - no TSA - great old photos and maps. This was a WPA project designed by Clarence Wigington. Very underated building. If you continue down Bayfield past the 3M hangers there is a new overlook park which has great views of the city and river valley.