Pedestrian Safety and Infrastructure Improvements

Roads - Rails - Sidewalks - Bikeways
mattaudio
Stone Arch Bridge

Re: Pedestrian Safety and Infrastructure Improvements

Postby mattaudio » February 27th, 2017, 3:23 pm

Yeah, this is totally fine, but why not include a stair or ramp on each end facing 6th St in addition to the ramps from 5th?

grant1simons2
Capella Tower

Postby grant1simons2 » April 24th, 2017, 10:38 am

I've noticed a ton of markings for future zebra stripe crossings downtown. Anyone know anything about this project? Is it just transition from parralel lines?

Also, bumpouts have popped up along 9th!

cooperrez
Landmark Center

Postby cooperrez » May 3rd, 2017, 3:11 pm

Learned this morning that a fellow transit rider on my daily commute was struck by a car on Highway 55 and roughly Eagandale Blvd in Eagan. Anyone have any suggestions on how I might be able to find out his status? I heard he was conscious and talking when the ambulance arrived, so I am hopeful that he will be OK.

As I have been taking MVTA buses to work nearly every work day since October of last year to this part of the Twin Cities I have become more familiar with the awful conditions that transit riders and pedestrians face in these parts. I know I am preaching to the choir, but holy crap this needs to change. I cringe every time we come up to a stop on Highway 110 and about Lexington. Those are brave souls who wait for the bus along that highway, especially in the winter. There are so many bus stops at intersections with no crosswalks, or maybe just across only one road of the four at the intersection. I need to do something to help change this, but I feel inconsequential and very frustrated right now.

Return to “Transportation”