Pedestrian Safety and Infrastructure Improvements

Roads - Rails - Sidewalks - Bikeways
DanPatchToget
US Bank Plaza

Re: Pedestrian Safety and Infrastructure Improvements

Postby DanPatchToget » June 10th, 2019, 8:23 pm

Are they assuming the railroad will abandon the tracks and it'll be a rail-trail, or would the trail be parallel to the tracks?

I prefer the city, county, and Three Rivers focus on segments where they could make improvements right now if they had funding instead of assuming/hoping the railroad will go away so they can have a rail-trail. If I can't be on the sidewalk and motorists don't want me hogging a lane with my tiny bike then bike lanes are needed (among other improvements).

Multimodal
US Bank Plaza

Postby Multimodal » June 10th, 2019, 10:40 pm

My understanding is that the trail will be near the line, but not a rails-to-trails conversion.

Multimodal
US Bank Plaza

Postby Multimodal » June 10th, 2019, 10:43 pm

DanPatchToget
US Bank Plaza

Postby DanPatchToget » June 11th, 2019, 6:53 pm

Segment A between the river and Nine Mile Creek Regional Trail is almost entirely existing infrastructure, and this study seems to claim the "trail" along East Bush Lake Road where I got clipped is adequate, so I'm having a hard time taking this proposal seriously.

Also I'm wondering where they would put the trail going north if this isn't a rail-trail conversion. The maps show the route right on the rail line, but an exact alignment hasn't been chosen yet. I'm sure Three Rivers prefers CP abandon it and they ignore the importance of this rail line as a north-south freight and passenger corridor.

Return to “Transportation”