EOst
Capella Tower

Re: Riverview Corridor Streetcar

Postby EOst » May 2nd, 2019, 12:59 pm

mamundsen
Wells Fargo Center

Postby mamundsen » May 2nd, 2019, 8:03 pm

Is there a chance this still gets moved to the CP rail spur? Why is that shown on the LPA and labeled as to be studied still?

Tiller
Foshay Tower

Postby Tiller » May 3rd, 2019, 5:17 am

Is there a chance this still gets moved to the CP rail spur? Why is that shown on the LPA and labeled as to be studied still?
They plan on analyzing using W 7th vs the CP Rail Spur in more detail before deciding on which of the two they'll use (and how), but only for the highlighted section (I think from around Randolph to Davern).

Oreos&Milk
Landmark Center

Postby Oreos&Milk » May 25th, 2019, 8:58 am

If there is no plan to merge this line with the midtown streetcar line I think this line should be labeled under the letter system instead of giving it an actual color likely being purple (yes, red line would be revoked as well eventually too!) I know we’re not up to it yet but the R Line would be pretty fitting. Granted we’re not building tons more lines in the future but when we run out of main colors there is gonna be the subconscious agreement that we are done expanding the system, and instead focusing on improving existing infrastructure.

It’s just bugs me that’s all. Besides that I’m liking everything I been seeing so far, plus south loop stations sharing a platform with blue and r line trains !lol so New York! Visitors probly be like ooooo they ran out of colors already. Plus it would help strengthen the branding of the letter system too as they wouldn’t all be busses. Of course I’m nit picking, but just want to see if everyone disagrees with me.

Tcmetro
Wells Fargo Center

Postby Tcmetro » October 9th, 2020, 7:33 pm

The latest Riverview Corridor fact sheet says that the project has moved into the engineering and pre-environmental phase as of this month. The high-level timeline provided puts opening date as 2032-2033.

https://www.ramseycounty.us/sites/defau ... 020%29.pdf

A project Policy Advisory Committee was named on 9/15/2020. The Community Advisory Committee and the Technical Advisory Committee are still being assembled, and should be completed soon. The CAC will begin accepting applications in December. I'd suggest anyone interested in the project who lives in the area throw their name in the ring!

https://www.ramseycounty.us/residents/r ... committees

talindsay
Wells Fargo Center

Postby talindsay » October 12th, 2020, 8:58 am

Wow, I've been tracking these projects long enough to know that an opening date of 2033 is realistic, but the fact that they're *already* predicting it that far out seems kind of outrageous. To me this seems like a higher-value line than the [s]Bottineau[/s] Blue Line Extension, and it's less expensive and easier to engineer to boot.

With the dedicated sales tax funding, and with Ramsey County able to take the lead without political interference from others, I'd hope that they'd be optimistically thinking they could start construction in four years or so, putting an opening date more in the 2029-2030 range.

I suppose crossing the river requires coördination with Hennepin County, the National Parks Service, Met Council, etc., so that's probably where the longer timeline comes from. But that being a single complicated area, one would hope they could do the whole rest of it in parallel with the complex talks around the bridge. Of course, if the four "lines" that have reached advanced engineering and design have taught us nothing else, they've definitely taught us that any multi-agency project detail can derail the whole project indefinitely.

EOst
Capella Tower

Postby EOst » October 12th, 2020, 9:29 am

With the dedicated sales tax funding, and with Ramsey County able to take the lead without political interference from others, I'd hope that they'd be optimistically thinking they could start construction in four years or so, putting an opening date more in the 2029-2030 range.
Bear in mind that the sales tax funding also has to cover Ramsey County's share of the Gold Line local match and the entire Rush Line local match, and that those projects are both closer to construction than Riverview. My understanding is that Ramsey County's local option sales tax revenue is fully committed with those three projects through approximately 2050.

twincitizen

Postby twincitizen » October 12th, 2020, 11:17 am

I kind of gasped at that 2033 timeline too, but mostly because just ~3 years ago when they completed the AA, they were saying 2027/8, or about 10 years out at the time. It’s one thing when a project gets delayed for reasons (see: SWLRT, Bottineau), but it’s another when the schedule is already slipping during pre-engineering. Given that 2030 is now just 9 years away, it does seem correct that this won’t be running sooner than 2033, based on the glacial progress being made and many engineering challenges / cost increases likely to be revealed.
My understanding is that Ramsey County's local option sales tax revenue is fully committed with those three projects through approximately 2050.
I’m guessing that 2050 number was generated prior to COVID-19 decimating sales tax receipts too. River view and Bottineau falling behind schedule might be necessary for more than just technical/engineering reasons.

fehler
Rice Park

Postby fehler » October 12th, 2020, 1:19 pm

Ten years per rail line is about right on schedule. 2004-Hiawatha, 2014-Central, 2024?-Southwest.

talindsay
Wells Fargo Center

Postby talindsay » October 12th, 2020, 1:33 pm

Oh man, Southwest better be before 2024...

Bakken2016
Wells Fargo Center

Postby Bakken2016 » October 12th, 2020, 1:34 pm

Oh man, Southwest better be before 2024...
It’s scheduled for 2023

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Silophant

Postby Silophant » October 12th, 2020, 1:42 pm

Well, that's a good trend! In that case, the next one should open up in 2032, though it remains to be seen if it's Riverview or Bottineau.
Joey Senkyr
[email protected]

alexschief
Wells Fargo Center

Postby alexschief » November 2nd, 2020, 12:26 pm

There is the first policy advisory committee meeting for this project on Thursday. It is open to the public, and there is possibly a time for public comment. I'm definitely going to listen in, but I hope that some folks who actually might hold some sway will be inspired to call in and tell Ramsey County that this project will be a joke unless it gets the full LRT treatment.

Link here: https://www.ramseycounty.us/residents/r ... ngs-events

Bakken2016
Wells Fargo Center

Postby Bakken2016 » November 2nd, 2020, 12:34 pm

There is the first policy advisory committee meeting for this project on Thursday. It is open to the public, and there is possibly a time for public comment. I'm definitely going to listen in, but I hope that some folks who actually might hold some sway will be inspired to call in and tell Ramsey County that this project will be a joke unless it gets the full LRT treatment.

Link here: https://www.ramseycounty.us/residents/r ... ngs-events
Look at that I’m free during this meeting. I’ll make sure to make my opinion known that this should be full LRT.

NickP
Target Field

Postby NickP » November 2nd, 2020, 5:37 pm

I will try and be there as well!

grant1simons2
IDS Center

Postby grant1simons2 » November 5th, 2020, 12:25 pm

How'd it go??

Bakken2016
Wells Fargo Center

Postby Bakken2016 » November 5th, 2020, 12:27 pm

How'd it go??
I forgot to attend 🙃

NickP
Target Field

Postby NickP » November 5th, 2020, 6:46 pm

Me too. Damnit lol

bubzki2
Foshay Tower

Postby bubzki2 » November 9th, 2020, 4:21 pm

I attended. They are still keeping the bus option on the backburner! Someone did voice support of a more LRT-like arrangement with more dedicated ROW. Sounds very early yet in the process.

Bakken2016
Wells Fargo Center

Postby Bakken2016 » November 9th, 2020, 4:24 pm

I attended. They are still keeping the bus option on the backburner! Someone did voice support of a more LRT-like arrangement with more dedicated ROW. Sounds very early yet in the process.
I just don’t see BRT as an actual improvement in this corridor, LRT with dedicated ROW should really only be the path forward.