Green Line LRT

Roads - Rails - Sidewalks - Bikeways
Bakken2016
Union Depot

Re: Green Line LRT

Postby Bakken2016 » May 7th, 2019, 11:48 am

https://metrocouncil.org/Council-Meetin ... pdate.aspx

Metro Transit is announcing tomorrow to the Met Council that they are cutting service on the Green Line between 2am-4am and piloting replacement bus service.

Also nifty survey in the powerpoint on types of use during those hours.

DanPatchToget
US Bank Plaza

Postby DanPatchToget » May 7th, 2019, 12:17 pm

I’m guessing that means we’re no longer considered to have a 24 hour service light rail since it’s overnight bus service instead.

ProspectPete
Union Depot

Postby ProspectPete » November 1st, 2019, 11:48 am

Here is a link to an article about criminal activity on the light rail line.

https://www.fox9.com/news/danger-on-the ... l-stations

amiller92
Wells Fargo Center

Postby amiller92 » November 1st, 2019, 12:35 pm

Well, that's a journalistic mess, making the chief sound like a buffoon (no opinion as to whether he is one) and using gruesome anecdotes from prior years to discuss a supposed current trend.

Took the kid (almost 3) for a brief ride on the Green Line on Sunday (she loves trains). Got on at Target Field and there was a man sleeping in the car we boarded. As it was the first stop, I was a bit surprised. She asked why there was a man sleeping. I said he was tired. It was fine.

Got off at Government Center Plaza and switched platforms to go back. A man visibly in some sort of crisis approached us and kept talking. Didn't ask for anything and wasn't threatening so it was actually fine.

Anyway, everything happening at the stations and on trains is on camera and because the chief claims to personally know all the bad guys, they shouldn't have any trouble cleaning things up.

Return to “Transportation”