The Transportation Committee will be reviewing a bus fleet plan at their meeting on Monday. From what I know, an RFP for buses was put out in the summer but no contract has been awarded. The new fleet plan seems to focus on electric buses, hopefully leading to a complete electrification of the fleet.
Metro Transit is considering the following procurements from 2019 to 2022.
- 19 40-foot electric buses with options for an additional 46 buses.
- 30 60-foot electric buses with options for an additional 22 buses.
- 62 60-foot diesel buses with options for an additional 22 buses.
- In 2019, the C Line articulateds (6 electric, 8 diesel) and 20 standard diesel buses will arrive.
- Orange line will be operated by diesel articulateds (10 buses)
- The B and D lines will be split between electric (10 for B, 13 for D) and diesel (10 for B, 13 for D) articulated buses.
- The E Line would be served by 15 articulated electrics.
- The regular fleet would receive 25 new diesel articulateds and 65 new electric standards from 2020 to 2022.
- The electric fleet evaluation will help determine the propulsion for 51 articulated and 119 standard buses that will be needed in 2023 and 2024.
https://metrocouncil.org/Council-Meetin ... -Plan.aspx