Southwest LRT (Green Line Extension)

Roads - Rails - Sidewalks - Bikeways
Qhaberl
US Bank Plaza

Re: Southwest LRT (Green Line Extension)

Postby Qhaberl » May 21st, 2019, 6:15 am

I just want to make sure I understand this correctly, the track being delivered in this video is for the relocated freight rail, correct?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tom H.
Rice Park

Postby Tom H. » May 24th, 2019, 2:22 pm

Weekly Construction Update

Looks like most of the initial heavy construction is focused on the Eden Prairie end of the line, including demolition of the old Culver's at SW Station, and starting work on the bridge over 494.

Tom H.
Rice Park

Postby Tom H. » June 21st, 2019, 9:29 am

In case anyone was confused (like me), I sent an email to someone on the SWLRT team inquiring about the status of the EP Town Center station. I had heard through media reports that the City of Eden Prairie had contributed funds to include the station during construction and be ready when the line opens, but most (all?) of the documents on the SWLRT website list the station as "Future".

SWLRT staff confirmed that EP contributed sufficient funds to allow the station to open with the rest of the line.
James Mockovciak wrote: The City of Eden Prairie is allocating money supplementing a grant the City received to have the Town Center Station constructed. Before this grant the station was listed as “deferred”. That meant SWLRT project office would install the infrastructure for the station during the construction of the alignment. When the money for the station became available the station would be added later.

In short, Town Center Station is being built concurrently with the other stations in the alignment over the next three years. If online documents do not reflect this they have not been updates.

Silophant

Postby Silophant » June 21st, 2019, 9:31 am

Thanks for the update! I've been wondering about that too.

HiawathaGuy
Wells Fargo Center

Postby HiawathaGuy » June 21st, 2019, 11:21 am

Tom H. wrote:
June 21st, 2019, 9:29 am
In case anyone was confused (like me), I sent an email to someone on the SWLRT team inquiring about the status of the EP Town Center station. I had heard through media reports that the City of Eden Prairie had contributed funds to include the station during construction and be ready when the line opens, but most (all?) of the documents on the SWLRT website list the station as "Future".

SWLRT staff confirmed that EP contributed sufficient funds to allow the station to open with the rest of the line.
Oh yes, they've already been working on construction there, SW Station & Golden Triangle.

Anondson
Capella Tower

Postby Anondson » July 12th, 2019, 1:06 pm

Bridge over Louisiana Ave will be demo’d as part of SWLRT work. Louisiana closes on July 17 for demo.

https://twitter.com/stlouispark/status/ ... 1287161856

Stupid detours that no one who knows the area will drive are offered.

Korh
Nicollet Mall

Postby Korh » July 12th, 2019, 2:12 pm

Looking at the detour offered, 10 bucks says most people will use Blake Rd instead

Anondson
Capella Tower

Postby Anondson » July 12th, 2019, 2:18 pm

Korh wrote:Looking at the detour offered, 10 bucks says most people will use Blake Rd instead
Or Alabama.

alexschief
Union Depot

Postby alexschief » July 12th, 2019, 2:24 pm

Detours from states and counties are reliably dumb, because they are required to use state or county roads and work for both cars and trucks. At a certain level, they're not really even intended for locals.

Return to “Transportation”