Rochester

go4guy
Foshay Tower

Re: Rochester

Postby go4guy » October 11th, 2017, 7:45 pm

I know the southwest corner of 2nd St SW and 6th Ave SW is under contract to be sold. I wonder if it is that lot. Caribou lot would be good, as well as the one pitched for a Holiday Inn that got shut down last year.

gcm
Metrodome

Postby gcm » October 12th, 2017, 7:51 am

That address is closer to downtown - the just closed Just Rite Market store.

gcm
Metrodome

Postby gcm » November 25th, 2017, 10:50 am

The demolition of the Third Avenue Lofts and a couple of houses has been completed for "Residence at Discovery Square" development. However, there is one house remaining on the block outside the fenced area (on the NW corner of the block). Anyone know if this house is eventually going to be removed?

matthew5080
Union Depot

Postby matthew5080 » December 27th, 2017, 12:51 am

EKN Development has updated their projects page with another downtown Rochester project. They're looking to work on the Holiday Inn downtown.
EKN has worked with HKS Architects to develop a conceptual-level vision for the redevelopment of an existing Downtown Rochester Hotel, potential new brand standard requirements notwithstanding. The vision entails a significant re-design of the hotel’s 60’s style major public spaces at the podium level, which focuses on adding a substantial amount of natural light to transform the hotel from a monolithic fortress into a light and airy experience fully integrated with the City’s downtown.

http://www.ekndevgroup.com/project/rochester-conv/

gcm
Metrodome

Postby gcm » December 27th, 2017, 4:53 am

I'm not sure I've seen mention of this other proposed project on the EKN website:

http://www.ekndevgroup.com/project/st-marys

go4guy
Foshay Tower

Postby go4guy » December 28th, 2017, 8:54 pm

My wife and I just drove by the Holiday Inn about a week ago and talked about how awful it was and how nice it would be to get redeveloped. This appears to be about the best possible outcome. EKN really seems to want to transform Rochester. Their current proposal approved last month is a great use of that land. And it sounds like the St Mary's hotel/condo is next on their list. But I would much rather see the Holiday Inn idea jump up in line.

gcm
Metrodome

Postby gcm » December 30th, 2017, 4:32 pm

I guess I haven't been paying attention, but where is the location of the EKN St. Mary's development?

Return to “Greater Minnesota”