Doran/General Mills Development - 215 2nd St SE (284' - 26 Stories)

Northeast, Near North, Camden, Old St. Anthony, University and surrounding neighborhoods
HiawathaGuy
Wells Fargo Center

Re: Northeast (and Southeast) - General Topics

Postby HiawathaGuy » December 5th, 2017, 9:12 am

General Mills will close Minneapolis R&D lab, move staff to headquarters
https://www.bizjournals.com/twincities/ ... -move.html
*LOCKED*

Tidbits:
Over the next two years, Golden Valley-based General Mills (NYSE: GIS) will move employees from its Riverside Technical Center in Minneapolis to its James Ford Bell Center in Golden Valley, spokesperson Lauran Knutson said.

General Mills sold the Riverside Technical Center to Bloomington-based Doran Cos. and Minneapolis-based CSM Corp. as part of a $15.8 million deal in April. Doran and CSM are building a 20-story tower and a six-story low-rise building on a surface lot next to the research center.

The General Mills building was not part of the developers' site plans, but the company had previously said a move to Golden Valley was likely in the cards if the building sold.

The move will mean some new choices for Doran and CMS: Try to re-lease the building or redevelop that site as well?

Seth
City Center

Re: Doran/General Mills Development - 215 2nd St SE (284' - 26 Stories)

Postby Seth » December 6th, 2017, 8:01 pm

Would love to see the block redeveloped with the street grid re-connected. Ideally with some retail and not mega-block style like the project next door.

I know I’m getting ahead of myself here as nothing has been proposed, but it’s really exciting to see this area blossoming into a dense neighborhood.

MattW
Landmark Center

Re: Doran/General Mills Development - 215 2nd St SE (284' - 26 Stories)

Postby MattW » December 7th, 2017, 9:17 am

I'd imagine that an R&D lab would be pretty single purpose. Additionally, with the sky-high demand in the area hard not seeing this turn into residential.

Return to “Minneapolis - North, Northeast, and Southeast / University of Minnesota”