Northeast, Near North, Camden, Old St. Anthony, University and surrounding neighborhoods

Re: Dinkytown

Postby Silophant » February 19th, 2018, 9:06 am

grant1simons2 wrote:
February 17th, 2018, 5:01 pm
Raising Cane's opening a second location where Procuts used to be in Dinkydome.
Welp, moving back to Dinkytown.

Block E

Postby jmoney » February 20th, 2018, 7:54 am

http://www.mndaily.com/article/2018/02/ ... mid-summer

There must be plans for something else at this location in the works.

Foshay Tower

Postby go4guy » February 20th, 2018, 6:34 pm

There are many buildings in Dinkytown I would love to save. This is not one. Have always thought this building was an eyesore

IDS Center

Postby grant1simons2 » February 20th, 2018, 11:10 pm

I'm sad about Blue Serge, mostly because my moms wedding dress was made there when she went to school here. Dinkytown Opticals and Milo's all can stay in Dinkytown. There are only 3 retail spaces left minus the massive CVS. Hair Shaft, the dude is like 80 something years old. He'll probably want to retire. Underground Press needs space to press T's, but I think most of their business could be done through E-commerce. My hope is the neighborhood doesn't stop this project like they "stopped" the CPM project.

Although it was an ugly and albeit bulking and bad design, it was also a ton of housing. If we could get a little retail row that mirrors the Dinkydale, putting the lobby at the very end, that would be wonderful. As for this site, the building isn't going anywhere.

is great.

Postby MNdible » February 21st, 2018, 12:11 pm

That lone house on 13th Avenue is under different ownership. Figure they really need to acquire that property to make this pencil out.

Return to “Minneapolis - North, Northeast, and Southeast / University of Minnesota”