Northside - General Topics

Northeast, Near North, Camden, Old St. Anthony, University and surrounding neighborhoods
SurlyLHT
Foshay Tower

Re: Northside - General Topics

Postby SurlyLHT » April 21st, 2020, 10:08 am

I hope something gets built that is an asset to the community and worthy of the site when the time comes. There are very few locations on the intersection of two major roads with freeway access this close to Downtown. (NE Mpls is also minutes away.) As long as there isn't anything atrocious like the storage place they're building down Washington Ave

HiawathaGuy
Wells Fargo Center

Postby HiawathaGuy » April 21st, 2020, 11:37 am

SurlyLHT wrote:
April 21st, 2020, 10:08 am
I hope something gets built that is an asset to the community and worthy of the site when the time comes. There are very few locations on the intersection of two major roads with freeway access this close to Downtown. (NE Mpls is also minutes away.) As long as there isn't anything atrocious like the storage place they're building down Washington Ave
From the article, the developer seems to have a very good finger on the pulse of this area.

Here's another quote from him:
“Coloplast built that huge medical campus and I think that set the bar and set the standard of which I think will be an example of how this area will evolve,” he said.

SurlyLHT
Foshay Tower

Postby SurlyLHT » April 21st, 2020, 12:38 pm

It's interesting how this area is changing. The city wants to keep industry, but North Loop and other developments are encroaching. The pushback of the N 3rd St and 10th Ave N project, the development of the housing at Plymouth Ave N and W River Parkway. I also see more commercial business's moving into the area between the harbor project and North Loop.

Northern Metal is also on the southern half of the block. With them gone this will be worth more and maybe they'll buy that parcel

SurlyLHT
Foshay Tower

Postby SurlyLHT » June 16th, 2020, 10:29 am

Proposal by Satori to fill a space on W Broadway where a building burned down a few years ago. I don't know what the status of the larger portion of their plans is. I don't recall seeing many proposals to fill in gaps on these old corridors. If he gets this built it will be interesting to see if any other proposals come. I'm especially interested to see what goes in BJ's location. I thought the unrest would deter people from wanting to move into the city. I guess we'll see.

https://lims.minneapolismn.gov/download ... ri%20Lofts

Silophant

Postby Silophant » June 16th, 2020, 10:50 am

Zero lot line infill development. You truly love to see it.

Return to “Minneapolis - North, Northeast, and Southeast / University of Minnesota”