Stadium Village

Northeast, Near North, Camden, Old St. Anthony, University and surrounding neighborhoods
TommyT
Target Field

Re: Stadium Village

Postby TommyT » February 4th, 2015, 9:36 am

I'm really starting to fall in love with this part of town and how dense it is getting. I wonder how completely annoying it would be to live over there as a real adult (non-student).

exiled_antipodean
Landmark Center

Postby exiled_antipodean » February 4th, 2015, 1:46 pm

I know of some teachers and doctors living in there. At least one couple in their 50s who work at the U, and wanted to be able to walk to work, give up the two car lifestyle of the burbs. They said their floor was pretty sedate.

GILBball
Metrodome

Postby GILBball » March 28th, 2015, 1:12 pm

Campus Pizza has closed (for good, based off their twitter). The Papa John's (?) immediately next to them has relocated as well. Is there something happening on this block, or is the pizza business just crashing in Stadium Village? I really like Campus Pizza and am sad to see them go.

Snelbian
Rice Park

Postby Snelbian » March 28th, 2015, 2:15 pm

Papa John's is no great loss since to my mind pizza sauce should have more tomato than sugar, but Campus Pizza? That sucks. Really, really sucks. But I guess 5 pizza places might be too many even for a growing student population. It's just too bad it's Campus Pizza closing and not Domino's.

Didier
Capella Tower

Postby Didier » March 29th, 2015, 12:10 am

Papa Johns opened a new location just down the street on University, so as GILBball noted, it's still in the area.

There is space for one more Papa Johns-size business in that building, too.

It looks like WaHu is going to have space for several retail outlets as well. So maybe some places are just moving around.

FISHMANPET
IDS Center

Postby FISHMANPET » June 1st, 2015, 12:19 pm

Maybe my hat has a bit too much tinfoil, but both the Papa Johns and Campus Pizza spot are empty but not cleaned out, and there aren't any "For Lease" signs inside. The West side of the Papa Johns building has Bona, and the East side of the Campus Pizza has a bunch of stuff, could someone be leaving these two spaces empty to try and assemble them into a site on their own or try and kick the other businesses out and assemble the site as well?
</tinfoil>

Wedgeguy
Capella Tower

Postby Wedgeguy » June 1st, 2015, 12:28 pm

Better watch out. You know the developers plans and you are out smarting them. Watch your back as they will want to silence you so their devious plan can succeed!! Really you make a great statement which could be true.

FISHMANPET
IDS Center

Postby FISHMANPET » June 19th, 2015, 1:34 pm

There's paper over the front windows of the former Campus Pizza, but from inside the "mall" you can still see in. Looks like they're doing some painting but not much else (and they got a bunch of paint on one of the checkered plastic tablecloths, so either they have tons extra or those are going way).

otherwise, inside the place really looks like they just closed for the day and never came back to open the next morning. The table talkers are all still there with salt and pepper and drink specials. There's a stack of styrofoam to go containers sitting inside the kitchen which otherwise looks ready to go. Have to wonder if someone else is going to put a pizza place here. I don't think they could get the pizza oven out of there without taking down a wall so whatever's happening is either going to reuse it or just ignore it for now but either way I'm guessing it's staying.

Also a little bit of "tactical urbanism" by the management of that "mall," there are bus schedules taped by all the exits for the 6 and maybe the 2, very nice.

grant1simons2
IDS Center

Postby grant1simons2 » July 6th, 2015, 2:37 pm

http://www.bizjournals.com/twincities/n ... polis.html

Blaze Pizzeria is opening a location somewhere in the village. My best guess would be WaHu.

MNdible
is great.

Postby MNdible » July 10th, 2015, 3:40 pm

Looks like a new place called Bar Luchador is going into the old Campus Pizza location. I imagine it will be quite the scene.

FISHMANPET
IDS Center

Postby FISHMANPET » July 10th, 2015, 3:45 pm

I noticed a while ago the people working inside, some of them were wearing Stub & Herbs tshirts. Is this the same ownership, or just a coincidence?

MNdible
is great.

Postby MNdible » July 10th, 2015, 3:50 pm

seanrichardryan
IDS Center

Postby seanrichardryan » July 10th, 2015, 3:53 pm

Q. What, what? A. In da butt.

seanrichardryan
IDS Center

Postby seanrichardryan » July 10th, 2015, 3:55 pm

He is/was a bartender at Stub's:

https://twitter.com/BarLuchador/favorites

FISHMANPET
IDS Center

Postby FISHMANPET » July 10th, 2015, 3:57 pm

Holy crap that's some great internet detective work guys, thanks.

seanrichardryan
IDS Center

Postby seanrichardryan » July 15th, 2015, 11:31 am

GILBball
Metrodome

Postby GILBball » August 4th, 2015, 10:38 pm

The apartment complex formerly known as Melrose (at least, when I lived there) is getting some new siding. I wasn't able to get a picture, but the new color scheme didn't seem like much to write home about. Certainly better than the really dated pink and green that it was.

seanrichardryan
IDS Center

Postby seanrichardryan » August 5th, 2015, 12:33 am

You lived there? I'm sorry....

up north
Block E

Postby up north » August 5th, 2015, 10:22 am

You lived there? I'm sorry....
I lived there my sophomore year. Hideous building. Inside wasn't horrible but you couldn't open any windows which sucked. The gym was nice though.

mplser
US Bank Plaza

Postby mplser » August 6th, 2015, 9:24 am

is it really bad? my boyfriend signed a lease there and is moving in next month....