Northeast and Southeast Minneapolis - General Topics

Northeast, Near North, Camden, Old St. Anthony, University and surrounding neighborhoods
ztr421
Nicollet Mall
Posts: 169
Joined: October 2nd, 2012, 9:10 am

Re: Northeast and Southeast Minneapolis - General Topics

Postby ztr421 » September 27th, 2019, 1:12 pm

New Bohemia says the lease was up and they decided to close that location. I haven't found any news or info on a replacement for the space though.

https://bringmethenews.com/minnesota-li ... s-location

Didier
Capella Tower
Posts: 2431
Joined: June 3rd, 2012, 10:11 am
Location: MSP

Re: Northeast and Southeast Minneapolis - General Topics

Postby Didier » September 27th, 2019, 1:25 pm

MSPBJ has some more context.

https://www.bizjournals.com/twincities/ ... n-new.html

The reason I thought of this is because I just saw New Bohemia is closing the Lake Street location too, although that's under the guise of "an offer we couldn't refuse" from Famous Dave's. Bigger picture, it looks like maybe New Bohemia has stalled out a bit. There's now quite a bit of prime, unleased space in Northeast now, isn't there?

seanrichardryan
Capella Tower
Posts: 3935
Joined: June 3rd, 2012, 9:33 pm
Location: Merriam Park, St. Paul
Contact:

Re: Northeast and Southeast Minneapolis - General Topics

Postby seanrichardryan » September 28th, 2019, 1:23 pm

ten year lease is up and probably didn't generate enough revenue to resign.
Q. What, what? A. In da butt.

mamundsen
Wells Fargo Center
Posts: 1109
Joined: November 15th, 2012, 10:01 am

Re: Northeast and Southeast Minneapolis - General Topics

Postby mamundsen » September 28th, 2019, 4:58 pm

seanrichardryan wrote:
September 28th, 2019, 1:23 pm
ten year lease is up and probably didn't generate enough revenue to resign.
Has it been TEN years already!?!? Wow.

BruiserB
Block E
Posts: 18
Joined: June 24th, 2016, 7:47 pm

Re: Northeast and Southeast Minneapolis - General Topics

Postby BruiserB » September 29th, 2019, 5:05 am

mamundsen wrote:
September 28th, 2019, 4:58 pm
seanrichardryan wrote:
September 28th, 2019, 1:23 pm
ten year lease is up and probably didn't generate enough revenue to resign.
Has it been TEN years already!?!? Wow.
It hasn't been 10 years. I've lived in the area for just over 9 and remember it being Panera Bread Company in there for at least a couple of years before New Bohemia.

Didier
Capella Tower
Posts: 2431
Joined: June 3rd, 2012, 10:11 am
Location: MSP

Re: Northeast and Southeast Minneapolis - General Topics

Postby Didier » September 29th, 2019, 12:06 pm

The Business Journal said 2012, I think

nordeast homer
US Bank Plaza
Posts: 695
Joined: June 1st, 2012, 11:11 am

Re: Northeast and Southeast Minneapolis - General Topics

Postby nordeast homer » September 30th, 2019, 1:04 pm

I got the impression that New Bohemia was willing to stay, but the building owner was going to raise the price on the lease.

Seems to me that most times I drove by there were always people there, so I think they still had a good following.

This is a prime corner so I'm guessing with the addition of all the new apartments the owner felt he could get a lot more for the space. Curious to see how long it takes to fill this storefront.

User avatar
VacantLuxuries
US Bank Plaza
Posts: 715
Joined: February 20th, 2015, 12:38 pm

Re: Northeast and Southeast Minneapolis - General Topics

Postby VacantLuxuries » September 30th, 2019, 3:16 pm

This may be more speculation than fact, but the NE New Bohemia is where my trivia group went regularly for more than a year so we got to know a lot of the staff. From what the staff have said about the situation, corporate showed up on a day everything was a complete mess and they shut down the store.

grant1simons2
IDS Center
Posts: 4290
Joined: February 8th, 2014, 11:33 pm
Location: Marcy-Holmes

Re: Northeast and Southeast Minneapolis - General Topics

Postby grant1simons2 » September 30th, 2019, 5:05 pm

nordeast homer wrote:
September 30th, 2019, 1:04 pm
I got the impression that New Bohemia was willing to stay, but the building owner was going to raise the price on the lease.

Seems to me that most times I drove by there were always people there, so I think they still had a good following.

This is a prime corner so I'm guessing with the addition of all the new apartments the owner felt he could get a lot more for the space. Curious to see how long it takes to fill this storefront.
Starbucks could size it up in 4 months


Return to “Minneapolis - North, Northeast, and Southeast / University of Minnesota”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests