Alia Tower - 200 Central - 483' / 40 Stories

Northeast, Near North, Camden, Old St. Anthony, University and surrounding neighborhoods
GrowMPLS

Re: Alatus St. Anthony Tower (Washburn-McReavy Site)

Postby GrowMPLS » October 13th, 2014, 2:34 pm

Not to start any rumors here but the website bidclerk has a bid open for a 35 story tower that matches this building exactly

https://www.bidclerk.com/project/2904798.html

Construction date has it as next spring
Wow....that's moving forward quickly!

twincitizen

Postby twincitizen » October 13th, 2014, 3:24 pm

Buried in an F&C print article I read last week, Alatus plans to make a decision on condo vs. rental soon, so look for that announcement hopefully in the coming weeks.

Wedgeguy
Capella Tower

Postby Wedgeguy » October 13th, 2014, 6:49 pm

Buried in an F&C print article I read last week, Alatus plans to make a decision on condo vs. rental soon, so look for that announcement hopefully in the coming weeks.
I'd like to see some condo again. There is plenty of apartment now in the area.

John
Capella Tower

Postby John » October 13th, 2014, 7:43 pm

I'd like to see some condo again. There is plenty of apartment now in the area.
Or maybe a combination of both rental and home ownership. That could also be a possibility

Wedgeguy
Capella Tower

Postby Wedgeguy » October 14th, 2014, 8:26 am

They did it in St. Paul with the Jackson Tower in Galtier Plaza.

nordeast homer
US Bank Plaza

Postby nordeast homer » October 14th, 2014, 9:31 am

I spoke with a realitor last week about this tower and I hear all possibilities are on the table yet. It sounded like they are getting pressure to do condos, but rental is what they were initially leaning toward. I personally think the combo idea makes a lot of sense.

seanrichardryan
IDS Center

Postby seanrichardryan » October 14th, 2014, 10:46 am

They could do both, with separate entrances & amenities.
Q. What, what? A. In da butt.

mulad

Postby mulad » October 14th, 2014, 10:54 am

There is no "I" in "Realtor®".

Archiapolis
US Bank Plaza

Postby Archiapolis » October 15th, 2014, 8:58 am

They could do both, with separate entrances & amenities.
Doubtful that they would spend the money twice for separate amenity spaces. Projects like Latitude 45, Nic on Fifth, Soo Line are all taylor made for "flipping" to condos once this rental market reaches saturation (they are all of a more stout construction [not "stick"]). The developers are smart enough to recognize this fact and won't invest in two separate lobby spaces when they know that in 5-10 years, they'll only need one anyway...

Silophant

Postby Silophant » October 15th, 2014, 12:17 pm

Preeety sure that was a joke relating to the recent NYC 'poor door' controversy.
Joey Senkyr
[email protected]

seanrichardryan
IDS Center

Postby seanrichardryan » October 15th, 2014, 12:21 pm

Ding ding ding... Moving on.

I wonder who will get salvage rights to the commerical club. Lots of good stuff for in there.
Q. What, what? A. In da butt.

Lancestar2

Postby Lancestar2 » October 17th, 2014, 1:50 pm

Not to start any rumors here but the website bidclerk has a bid open for a 35 story tower that matches this building exactly

https://www.bidclerk.com/project/2904798.html

Construction date has it as next spring
Wow....that's moving forward quickly!

Wow! great find thanks for posting! I was wondering what happened to this project, I kinda assumed it would fall under the downtown tab. I wonder if this building would spark other development just north of the river? Perhaps in 10-20 years us downtown dwellers will be able to look across the river and see a small skyline to admire! Right next to a park and Lunds! A great location indeed! Maybe somebody will do one of those google maps renderings soon? It be nice to get a sense of how it would fit into that location. Glad to see it progressing quickly!

Archiapolis
US Bank Plaza

Postby Archiapolis » October 20th, 2014, 1:17 pm

Preeety sure that was a joke relating to the recent NYC 'poor door' controversy.
Gah! This is what happens when you pop in and out...references go right by.

I read about the recent controversy but didn't make the association. I didn't see a reference to "poor" so I thought it was a real suggestion - I went to an interview recently where a condo board was looking for additional security measures in the amenity spaces because of unruly tenants. The board wasn't making social/class commentary or trying to lock renters out of amenity spaces (their fobs still would give everyone the same access but it would be possible to review who had access at what time).

TTT
Metrodome

Postby TTT » November 14th, 2014, 10:54 am

With the Superior Plating Site looking like it's moving forward - I wonder if there is pressure to get this project off the ground?!

Wedgeguy
Capella Tower

Postby Wedgeguy » November 14th, 2014, 11:58 am

With the Superior Plating Site looking like it's moving forward - I wonder if there is pressure to get this project off the ground?!
I think that this project will be condos verses rental at the SP site. Having the SP site get going may even help persuade them to do condo instead. Just my opinion, but this would be a perfect location for condos. One of the few remaining sites left that could accomidate such a project. But if they choose rental they will still get it filled due to it's excellent location. The river, the retail, and the neighborhood in general makes it a prime location for people wanting to live there.

TTT
Metrodome

Postby TTT » November 14th, 2014, 1:49 pm

I know there are always things going on the general public doesn't know about - but this project seems to be dragging it's feet a bit. Couldn't agree more that whether it is condos or apartments that it will do well.

HiawathaGuy
Wells Fargo Center

Postby HiawathaGuy » November 14th, 2014, 2:55 pm

I know there are always things going on the general public doesn't know about - but this project seems to be dragging it's feet a bit. Couldn't agree more that whether it is condos or apartments that it will do well.
Not to call you out, but it always makes me shake my head when people literally think a multi million dollar project can be announced and break ground all within 6 months. It's just not possible. Finances, neighborhood meetings, City staff meetings, and countless other things that I can't even begin to imagine all have to happen first. Most everyone on here is surprised with the speed with which this project is moving along. Patience is a virtue, especially in building a 40 story building.

nickmgray
Union Depot

Postby nickmgray » November 14th, 2014, 3:27 pm

Let's give this a bit more time before we complain about the developers dragging their feet. It's been only 4 months since we first heard about the project. If they do choose to go with a condo building, you'll need to be ready to wait quite a bit before the project break ground. For those who don't remember, most projects will not get financed until pre-sales hit 50%. even if they announce today that it will be a condo project, it would be another 6-8 months before we say any movement on the property.

TTT
Metrodome

Postby TTT » November 17th, 2014, 9:58 am

I should have prefaced my comment differently. What I should have said is that there seems to be little coming out about this project since it was announced either from the developer or from the media. Point well taken on it only being announced 4 months or so ago - maybe that is just my eagerness for a project like this on the other side of the downtown core to get off the ground.

twincitizen

Postby twincitizen » November 17th, 2014, 10:04 am

This has not been approved by the city in any way, shape, or form. That includes needing the HPC to approve demolition of the existing buildings on the site. I am a little surprised they haven't at least gotten that ball rolling. This developer does seem to be able to move quite quickly (see Latitude 45) from concept to execution, but as stated above, if it is indeed condos, that will add another 6-12 months to the timeline to allow for pre-sales. As I noted just over a month ago, Alatus anticipated making a decision on condo vs. rental by the end of the year, so that announcement should be forthcoming. If it's rentals, they could very well go through approvals over the winter and be more than ready to break ground in the spring.