Mayoral Race

Who wanted to be mayor?
David Greene
IDS Center
Posts: 4760
Joined: December 4th, 2012, 11:41 am

Re: Mayoral Race

Postby David Greene » November 5th, 2013, 2:34 pm

FISHMANPET wrote:I voted Hodges, then Samuels because nothing about him makes me angry, and then left third place out.
Samuels has been totally ineffective for his ward, so I won't vote for him. Several times he's gone against the wishes of neighborhoods in his ward to pander to the Rybak crowd. He also has a pretty big crush on Harvest Prep which is fine as far as that goes but it's not fine when he doesn't recognize the huge improvements made at MPS.

mplsjaromir
Wells Fargo Center
Posts: 1112
Joined: June 1st, 2012, 8:03 am
Location: Sommerset Knolls

Re: Mayoral Race

Postby mplsjaromir » November 5th, 2013, 2:41 pm

I voted:

1. Betsy Hodges

2. Don Samuels

3. Rob Ford

nordeast homer
US Bank Plaza
Posts: 695
Joined: June 1st, 2012, 11:11 am

Re: Mayoral Race

Postby nordeast homer » November 5th, 2013, 3:04 pm

Viktor Vaughn wrote:Thanks, homer. I guess we prefer different kinds of crazy.
I know I'm in the minority when it comes this group so I expect some of it, but it gets old. I know some people who don't post or even follow this site anymore because they've gotten tired of it, so I felt the need to say something. I know you have very strong beliefs and we're both entitled to say what we feel and when it comes to politics those get amplified sometimes.

MNdible
is great.
Posts: 5813
Joined: June 8th, 2012, 8:14 pm
Location: Minneapolis

Re: Mayoral Race

Postby MNdible » November 5th, 2013, 3:57 pm

mplsjaromir wrote:I voted:

1. Betsy Hodges

2. Don Samuels

3. Rob Ford
Careful, once you start voting for Rob Ford, it's hard to kick the habit.

Viktor Vaughn
US Bank Plaza
Posts: 607
Joined: July 10th, 2012, 6:37 pm

Re: Mayoral Race

Postby Viktor Vaughn » November 5th, 2013, 4:28 pm

hahahahahahaha!

User avatar
FISHMANPET
IDS Center
Posts: 4602
Joined: June 6th, 2012, 2:19 pm
Location: Corcoran

Re: Mayoral Race

Postby FISHMANPET » November 5th, 2013, 5:08 pm

Jackie Cherryhomes admits that Block E was a mistake, but cites the Target HQ and Fed Reserve building as triumps. Was the Fed ever going to move out of Minneapolis? Or were they considering a site not downtown?

mplsjaromir
Wells Fargo Center
Posts: 1112
Joined: June 1st, 2012, 8:03 am
Location: Sommerset Knolls

Re: Mayoral Race

Postby mplsjaromir » November 5th, 2013, 5:10 pm

I might have voted for Rob Ford about a year ago, in a drunken stupor.

seanrichardryan
Capella Tower
Posts: 3935
Joined: June 3rd, 2012, 9:33 pm
Location: Merriam Park, St. Paul
Contact:

Re: Mayoral Race

Postby seanrichardryan » November 5th, 2013, 5:30 pm

I'm not sure if the fed was really going to leave, but they put on enough of a good show that they were able to demolish this lovely building for their suburban campus on the river.

http://www.loc.gov/pictures/search/?q=P ... 20=%20true

*Edit- Imagine if they'd picked one of the vacant lots surrounding the site instead. :? Now, back to the mayors race for mediocrity.
Q. What, what? A. In da butt.

aeisenberg
Union Depot
Posts: 314
Joined: June 12th, 2012, 7:45 pm

Re: Mayoral Race

Postby aeisenberg » November 5th, 2013, 7:37 pm

1. Betsy Hodges

2. Don Samuels

3. Mike Gould
mplsjaromir wrote:I voted:

1. Betsy Hodges

2. Don Samuels

3. Rob Ford
Aaron Eisenberg / Realtor, Keller Williams Integrity
612.568.5828 / aaron@agentaaron.com / 1350 Lagoon Ave #900
http://www.agentaaron.com

VAStationDude
US Bank Plaza
Posts: 782
Joined: June 1st, 2012, 10:30 am

Re: Mayoral Race

Postby VAStationDude » November 5th, 2013, 7:41 pm

Thanks for speaking out Homer you're a courageous man. Your strongly held beliefs, as expressed numerous times on this board, include "government spending is out of control." Like most conservatives you're living in an alternate universe and deserve to have your fee fees hurt. Government spending at all levels has been flat or declining atthe city state and national level. I'm sorry but conservatives are either clueless or dishonest.

Online
Silophant
Moderator
Posts: 3821
Joined: June 20th, 2012, 4:33 pm
Location: The Gateway

Re: Mayoral Race

Postby Silophant » November 5th, 2013, 7:46 pm

Minor candidate Zimmerman accepts loss, posts list of regrets.

Not enough :roll: in the world.

Online
Silophant
Moderator
Posts: 3821
Joined: June 20th, 2012, 4:33 pm
Location: The Gateway

Re: Mayoral Race

Postby Silophant » November 5th, 2013, 9:13 pm

With all but four precincts reporting in, Hodges is in the lead with 36.2% of first-round votes, Andrew is in second with 24.9%, and Samuels is in third with 10.6%. Looks like this'll go to 2nd and 3rd choice votes, but I'm fully expecting it to be Hodges at this point.

AccordGuy
Metrodome
Posts: 60
Joined: October 5th, 2013, 2:54 pm
Location: Minneapolis

Re: Mayoral Race

Postby AccordGuy » November 5th, 2013, 10:00 pm

1. Cam Winton
2. Stephanie Woodruff
3. Bob Fine. Kind of a throwaway vote really.

At least we won't have Block E Cherryhomes as our mayor.
Born in Minneapolis.

Online
Silophant
Moderator
Posts: 3821
Joined: June 20th, 2012, 4:33 pm
Location: The Gateway

Re: Mayoral Race

Postby Silophant » November 5th, 2013, 10:04 pm

Well, that would appear to be that.

Pretty good night for urbanists, all things considered.

talindsay
Wells Fargo Center
Posts: 1553
Joined: September 29th, 2012, 10:41 am

Re: Mayoral Race

Postby talindsay » November 5th, 2013, 10:04 pm

I'll admit, I'm surprised Mark Andrew is conceding already - I can't see how he would overtake Betsy on second-choice votes, but given what an unknown quantity ranked-choice voting is at this point, I'd probably hold off. Regardless, I'm excited to see what Betsy's administration looks like.

User avatar
FISHMANPET
IDS Center
Posts: 4602
Joined: June 6th, 2012, 2:19 pm
Location: Corcoran

Re: Mayoral Race

Postby FISHMANPET » November 5th, 2013, 10:09 pm

Haha, Cohen was leading polls in September, I forgot about that one.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 4

nordeast homer
US Bank Plaza
Posts: 695
Joined: June 1st, 2012, 11:11 am

Re: Mayoral Race

Postby nordeast homer » November 5th, 2013, 10:21 pm

VAStationDude wrote:Thanks for speaking out Homer you're a courageous man. Your strongly held beliefs, as expressed numerous times on this board, include "government spending is out of control." Like most conservatives you're living in an alternate universe and deserve to have your fee fees hurt. Government spending at all levels has been flat or declining atthe city state and national level. I'm sorry but conservatives are either clueless or dishonest.
Nice. Grow up. Just because I disagree I'm dishonest? Your attitude is primarily the reason our government is so dysfunctional. People used to understand that there are differences of opinion and get past that without name calling and shouting them down. Reagan had Tip O'Neal, they couldn't agree politically on anything, yet who was the first one by his side after he got shot? There was a sense of respect that this generation has completely lost sight of. My feelings are far from hurt, I'm just very disappointed.

User avatar
FISHMANPET
IDS Center
Posts: 4602
Joined: June 6th, 2012, 2:19 pm
Location: Corcoran

Re: Mayoral Race

Postby FISHMANPET » November 5th, 2013, 10:29 pm

Before this derail gets kicked into the bit bucket, I'll point out that you can't really have an opinion about a fact. You can try and refute a fact, but you can't disagree with a fact and then when you're called on it, claim you were stating an opinion. Facts are facts, there's no room for nuance.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 4

User avatar
Nick
Capella Tower
Posts: 3004
Joined: May 30th, 2012, 9:33 pm
Location: Loring Park, Minneapolis

Re: Mayoral Race

Postby Nick » November 5th, 2013, 11:59 pm

Lololololololol.

mullen
Foshay Tower
Posts: 986
Joined: June 4th, 2012, 7:02 am

Re: Mayoral Race

Postby mullen » November 6th, 2013, 7:22 am

hodges argument that minneapolis is a destination city and doesn't need to "beg" for investment is false. allina didn't end up in the old sears building by accident. RT lobbied them to locate their. the fact is mpls is in a daily bidding war with st paul and suburbs for every job, business expansion, company looking for office space, etc.

all of her supposed budget/pension endeavors were basically just carrying water for RT's policy.

we'll be hearing more about st paul the next four years under a hodges administration. just like during the norm coleman mayoral years.

fortunately we have a strong council/weak mayor system and councilmembers such as barb johnson and lisa goodman will be a good check and balance.

and that ranked choice ballot read like a junior high student council election. captain jack sparrow...wonderful. raise the filing fee please. and waiting days to final results sucks. on the fence about this new process personally.


Return to “2013 Minneapolis Municipal Election”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest