Ward 8

Who wanted to be mayor?
mister.shoes
Wells Fargo Center

Ward 8

Postby mister.shoes » June 19th, 2013, 9:57 am

So, this is my ward. I don't know much about Elizabeth Glidden, except that she's the incumbent and is DFL-endorsed for re-election. I'm not sure if there are any other UrbanMSPers in the 8th, but if there are here's a topic for discussion.
The problem with being an introvert online is that no one knows you're just hanging out and listening.

mplsjaromir
Wells Fargo Center

Re: Ward 8

Postby mplsjaromir » June 19th, 2013, 10:04 am

I went Powderhorn Park last night and was pretty impressed. I had only been in the NW corner of the park previously, it was much larger than I had expected.

MNdible
is great.

Postby MNdible » June 19th, 2013, 10:10 am

I'm getting re-warded from the 11th into the 8th. I think Glidden's done a decent job of balancing a bunch of competing interests. When it comes right down to it, that's really what Councilmembers do most of the time. She has a strong grasp of the issues at hand, and rarely makes me cringe, which is more than I can say for some other CMs.

I guess that's not a ringing endorsement, but I don't feel like she needs replacing.

twincitizen

Postby twincitizen » June 19th, 2013, 11:20 am

I'm not in the Ward, but I have heard only good things. She seems well-liked by her constituents and fellow councilmembers alike.

She'll be quite the elder stateswoman on the council (despite being relatively young) if we indeed elect 7 new CMs. Could become Chair of Ways & Means or Public Works if she wants it.

Her new ward is quite different from the old one, demographically speaking. Much more Kingfield & Lyndale (west side of 35W) than before.
http://www.minneapolismn.gov/www/groups ... 105878.pdf