Ward 11

Who wanted to be mayor?
mattaudio
Stone Arch Bridge

Ward 11

Postby mattaudio » June 19th, 2013, 10:02 am

I live in Ward 11, where John Quincy is currently running unopposed. Opening a placeholder thread.

twincitizen

Re: Ward 11

Postby twincitizen » June 19th, 2013, 11:21 am

*currently running unopposed, until mattaudio jumps in the race with the dual endorsements of Strong Towns and the Multi-way Boulevard Party.

MNdible
is great.

Postby MNdible » June 19th, 2013, 12:32 pm

*currently running unopposed, until mattaudio jumps in the race with the dual endorsements of Strong Towns and the Multi-way Boulevard Party.
The Multi-Way Boulevard Party is a formidable political machine and should not be taken lightly.

twincitizen

Postby twincitizen » June 19th, 2013, 1:30 pm

"The multi-way boulevard lobby is an all powerful enterprise!" - Dorothy Rabinowitz

MNdible
is great.

Postby MNdible » June 19th, 2013, 1:48 pm

We must guard against the acquisition of unwarranted influence, whether sought or unsought, by the mulit-way-boulevard-industrial complex.

mattaudio
Stone Arch Bridge

Postby mattaudio » June 19th, 2013, 2:11 pm

Read my lips: no new stroads.

mattaudio
Stone Arch Bridge

Postby mattaudio » September 7th, 2013, 11:33 pm

I'm campaigning to be the next member of the City Council from Ward 11.

Why? Well, if you live in Ward 11, here's why:

As someone who intentionally sought out our area of South Minneapolis when I bought a home, I share our values and priorities that make our part of the city a great place to live. I value safe and pleasant neighborhoods that are well connected to great neighborhood businesses, world-class recreation, and employment centers in the region. Our city thrives because of our neighborhood fabric, and Ward 11 needs an advocate who will push to incrementally improve on the public investments that are the framework for the neighborhoods we enjoy calling home.

I also seek to ensure the long-term viability of our city by picking the right investments for our scarce public dollars. Without proper due diligence, large projects like stadiums or downtown megablocks have the potential to cause fragility, not only for our city finances but for the core city services that are necessary for locally-owned businesses to thrive. We need to build a resilient local economy, one where our public investments are proven to have high return for our residents. The reality is that anything less compromises Minneapolis’ financial ability to maintain what we love about our city.

I also seek to continuously improve how our city government functions and how it serves our residents. We have an opportunity to improve transparency and constituent services. You should be able to easily learn where your council member stands on issues and what the council is doing. Your voice should be heard, and your input should be acknowledged. I am committed to listening to your concerns and ideas for our neighborhood.

We have an opportunity to build a stronger community this November. Join your neighbors in making me, Matt Steele, your first choice when you vote on November 5th.

mister.shoes
Wells Fargo Center

Postby mister.shoes » October 16th, 2013, 8:00 am

You better step up your game, Matt. I saw a random dude on the Diamond Lake Road/35W overpass this morning holding a Bob Schlosser for City Council sign. Looked very eager for votes!
The problem with being an introvert online is that no one knows you're just hanging out and listening.

twincitizen

Postby twincitizen » October 16th, 2013, 9:14 am

Sources say that is actually Bob Schlosser himself

mister.shoes
Wells Fargo Center

Postby mister.shoes » October 16th, 2013, 9:24 am

That would explain the eagerness. He did have much more energy than most people who hold signs on freeway ramps...
The problem with being an introvert online is that no one knows you're just hanging out and listening.