Minneapolis City Council and Park Board Elections 2017

Elections - City Councils and Commissions - Policies
amiller92
Wells Fargo Center

Re: Minneapolis City Council and Park Board Elections 2017

Postby amiller92 » July 13th, 2017, 1:15 pm

I don't know John other than on social media and via WedgeLive!, but I think we can agree that he can be a bit over the top, can't we?

That said, there's quite a bit of evidence that Saralyn says some crazy stuff. More screen shots (from John) here: https://twitter.com/WedgeLIVE/status/880501352060694528
And here (from Anton): https://twitter.com/anton612/status/655399553231818752
And here (from Ryan): https://twitter.com/pyry/status/657256581151723521

RailBaronYarr
Capella Tower

Postby RailBaronYarr » July 13th, 2017, 1:18 pm

Maybe, just maybe, you can take this one example to heart and re-think your position that John has spun things "so far out of reality so many times"? If you were interested in seeing more screenshots of Saralyn saying crazy/racist/awful things on Facebook, you could. These are the things people say/do behind closed doors or on social media you don't see or at public hearings you don't watch/attend (but John does), and he bases his opinions/takes on repeated interactions and examples of this behavior.

amiller92
Wells Fargo Center

Postby amiller92 » July 13th, 2017, 1:20 pm

Yes, that's likely. What's the context? It is factual that *some* Africans contributed to the slave trade. Where people go horribly wrong is somehow equating that with the actions of white people and/or excusing the behavior of white people. Without context it's difficult to judge meaning here.
"Here's a map of the slave trade"
"But what about the Africans who were involved?"

What context fixes this? This is an incredibly common racist talking point. She repeated it unbidden. I don't know, man.
I've talked to Sara and observed her interactions with people and I've never had a whiff of racism.
I probably shouldn't do this and please know that I'm really only joking: so you saying you know people???

Seriously, though, whether racist beyond that comment or not, check out those links for some nutty stuff.

ETA: Btw, my "favorite" is praising a storage business as good urban usage/design. A storage business.

EATA: Sorry, didn't see your comment at the bottom of the last page with the turnover in pages and all.
Last edited by amiller92 on July 13th, 2017, 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

clf
Metrodome

Postby clf » July 13th, 2017, 1:40 pm

I have heard wedgelive takes photos of women in their apartments. Their are photos of apartment windows on his page, thus it must be true? Seriously, if you want to discredit the woman, use something you can back up. This is petty stuff you can find on anyone, including Bender.

amiller92
Wells Fargo Center

Postby amiller92 » July 13th, 2017, 1:48 pm

Pretty sure I did just back up my assertion that she says nutty stuff. So, what else have you got?

bivaly
Block E

Postby bivaly » July 13th, 2017, 1:59 pm

Hi, clf! That's a pretty serious accusation against John without any sort of evidence to back it up.

And please, show me where CM Bender makes similar posts online that blame the African people for the chattel slavery they endured.

FISHMANPET
IDS Center

Postby FISHMANPET » July 13th, 2017, 1:59 pm

I have heard wedgelive takes photos of women in their apartments. Their are photos of apartment windows on his page, thus it must be true? Seriously, if you want to discredit the woman, use something you can back up. This is petty stuff you can find on anyone, including Bender.
That's an accusation so far beyond the pale it demands proof. I've provided proof that Saralyn is racist.

johneapolis
Block E

Postby johneapolis » July 13th, 2017, 2:20 pm

Hi Everyone. Wedge LIVE here. Looks like I probably need to pop in and say some things.

Just so everyone knows, "clf" is Casey Finne. Casey is part of a crew of people close to Ward 10 candidate Saralyn Romanishan. They like to make up shit like this in order to justify the time one of Saralyn's pals posted a personals ad in my girlfriend's name to Craigslist, and invited people on the internet to come visit my girlfriend where she lives. Saralyn and crew are really wonderful people.

What Casey is distorting, or maybe making a joke about, is my Cats of the Wedge Historic Walking Tour (where we absolutely prohibit looking at humans through windows). https://www.facebook.com/events/4331819 ... %3Atrue%7D

johneapolis
Block E

Postby johneapolis » July 13th, 2017, 2:41 pm

Back on the topic of Ward 10 candidate Saralyn Romanishan. Here she is answering the question nobody was asking: Is equitable engagement of underrepresented groups a holocaust on white homeowners?

LINK: https://www.facebook.com/saralyn.romani ... nref=story

clf
Metrodome

Postby clf » July 13th, 2017, 3:20 pm

My comment was a joke about misunderstanding online comments. I see it hit its mark.

VacantLuxuries
Foshay Tower

Postby VacantLuxuries » July 13th, 2017, 3:43 pm

David Greene
IDS Center

Re: RE: Re: Minneapolis City Council and Park Board Elections 2017

Postby David Greene » July 13th, 2017, 4:06 pm

My comment was a joke about misunderstanding online comments. I see it hit its mark.
It's not appropriate in this case. Now that I've seen more context, Sara has some explaining to do. This is *not* petty stuff. She responded to a racist tweet not only supporting it but using a well-known racist argument. I was giving her the benefit of the doubt. To say I am horrifically disappointed doesn't begin to convey my feelings about this.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

David Greene
IDS Center

Postby David Greene » July 13th, 2017, 8:10 pm

Hi Everyone. Wedge LIVE here. Looks like I probably need to pop in and say some things.
Hi John,

Do you have a link to that original Facebook post? I think I found the author but it doesn't appear on his page. Of course it could have been deleted. His whole page is pretty sparse.

Saralyn is connected to a ton of racial justice people on Facebook so this is all really a shock to me. She just recently posted that a friend's Facebook account was hacked. I don't know more than that. It would be helpful to have some documentation to point to when talking to others.

Thanks.

FISHMANPET
IDS Center

Postby FISHMANPET » July 13th, 2017, 8:32 pm

Are you... are you fucking serious? John linked to a post (that I presume is still live, can't say for sure since she's blocked me) where she calls the city's Blueprint for Equitable Engagement a pogrom.

At the top of this page are links to 3 twitter threads with dozens of examples of posts like this from Saralyn. Are you so incapable of comprehending the idea that she is trying to trick people?

David Greene
IDS Center

Postby David Greene » July 13th, 2017, 8:47 pm

I asked for a link. Information. It is good to have as much documentation as possible. Is it wrong to ask for it? Yes, the pogrom thing is horrible.

Peter, you're just a little too quick to assume bad intent. Like all. the. time.

johneapolis
Block E

Postby johneapolis » July 13th, 2017, 8:49 pm

David, the original post has either been deleted or locked down with privacy settings. The author of the Facebook post she's commenting on was LHENA's crime committee chair person beginning in early 2015. In the summer of 2015, he was working with Sara on spending LHENA money to pay for MPD bike cop patrols. Someone passed along some Facebook posts to me that would seem to disqualify him from a role like a neighborhood org's crime committee chair. (Lots of internal LHENA drama ensued but I won't get into that part of the story). I saved screenshots of the Facebook posts. Saralyn happened to show up in the comments of that particular post. Here's a link to the screenshots: http://imgur.com/a/7Bq4C

Another detail to note: I was on the LHENA Board at the time.
Last edited by johneapolis on July 13th, 2017, 8:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.

RailBaronYarr
Capella Tower

Postby RailBaronYarr » July 13th, 2017, 8:49 pm

Maybe I'm reading the situation wrong, but are you implying that this didn't happen? That John (or someone) doctored *all* those screenshots, and you'll only accept live links to her posts as proof of what she's said?

David Greene
IDS Center

Postby David Greene » July 13th, 2017, 8:56 pm

Maybe I'm reading the situation wrong, but are you implying that this didn't happen? That John (or someone) doctored *all* those screenshots, and you'll only accept live links to her posts as proof of what she's said?
No, not at all. I'm trying to gather information to pass on because I think a lot of good people are being fooled. Like I was. For me, this is not unlike the people who were fooled by The Consortium. Like totally blindsided. We need to gather proof because other people are going to be shocked and unable to comprehend it too.

The pogrom post is still accessible. I asked her directly about it. We'll see what she says.

David Greene
IDS Center

Postby David Greene » July 13th, 2017, 8:59 pm

To be clear, I was well aware of Saralyn's combativeness and over-the-top anti-development rhetoric. It was not a comfortable thing for me to talk to her about development. What's shocked me here is the racism.

David Greene
IDS Center

Postby David Greene » July 13th, 2017, 9:03 pm

Here's a link to the screenshots: http://imgur.com/a/7Bq4C
Holy shit! Steven P. Daffinrud's Facebook page looks quite different these days. He's all anti-Walker-Scaffold now...

I don't know him at all.

John, thanks for documenting this.