5th Congressional District Special Election

Elections - City Councils and Commissions - Policies
twincitizen

5th Congressional District Special Election

Postby twincitizen » January 29th, 2017, 5:59 pm

http://www.startribune.com/if-ellison-w ... 411332465/

Dibble gets back in CD5 race (if Ellison wins DNC Chair). Sens. Dibble, Hayden, Torres Ray all gearing up for a run, as is Rep. Peggy Flanagan.

Also considering it is.....Alondra Cano. Wut?

amiller92
Wells Fargo Center

Re: Minnesota Representation at the Federal Level

Postby amiller92 » February 22nd, 2017, 2:54 pm

Patricia Torres Ray said on Facebook today that she's running for the 5th District seat if Ellison gets the DNC chair.

mattaudio
Stone Arch Bridge

Postby mattaudio » February 22nd, 2017, 3:04 pm

I feel like she's been nearly invisible as my Senator for 7 years (I hear from Wagenius far more often) so why would I think she'd be more visible as a Member of Congress?

FISHMANPET
IDS Center

Postby FISHMANPET » February 22nd, 2017, 3:53 pm

My one real experience with Torres Ray was that she was invited to a CNO Board Meeting and put the wrong date on her calendar and instead came to our Land Use Meeting and just sat through the whole thing slightly confused. She was a few minutes late so she didn't hear the call to order of the Land Use Committee but she sat through the whole thing instead of asking if she was at the right place or whatever.

bivaly
Block E

Postby bivaly » February 23rd, 2017, 8:29 am

My one real experience with Torres Ray was that she was invited to a CNO Board Meeting and put the wrong date on her calendar and instead came to our Land Use Meeting and just sat through the whole thing slightly confused. She was a few minutes late so she didn't hear the call to order of the Land Use Committee but she sat through the whole thing instead of asking if she was at the right place or whatever.
This is A+ good.

twincitizen

Postby twincitizen » February 23rd, 2017, 9:38 am

You gotta wonder if Jacob Frey is kicking himself for announcing for Mayor instead of seeking this seat. He could have kept his council seat and taken a shot at Congress simultaneously. Instead, he might be ending his political career (until he inevitably runs for County Commish or State Senator, assuming he doesn't become Mayor).

MNdible
is great.

Re: 5th Congressional District Special Election

Postby MNdible » February 23rd, 2017, 2:36 pm

Unless you're just interested in climbing the ladder, mayor is a waaaay better job than back bench minority congressman.