Rumors: A Historical Record of Mystery

Introductions - Urban Issues - Miscellaneous News, Topics, Interests
PhilmerPhil

Re: Rumors!

Postby PhilmerPhil » January 28th, 2015, 7:51 pm

Haven't gotten any other takers, so maybe another time. Unless I hear from a couple others between now and 8:30?

David Greene
IDS Center

Postby David Greene » January 28th, 2015, 9:28 pm

Would anyone be interested if a few of us get together at the Loring Park Dunn Bros at 8:30 tonight to talk about this whole thing? Might be kinda fun/interesting. Bring a laptop if you have one. Feel free to PM me or post here if interested, or just show up. Already have 2 confirmed guests. Will someone post this on SSC as well?
Damn. I need more notice than that. Plus I got sick this afternoon. :( Feeling better now, the fever seems to have broken.

I'd be up for another meetup. We should invite the SSC people too. Some healing needs to happen.

jennifat
City Center

Postby jennifat » January 28th, 2015, 10:08 pm

Great discussion as always on this site. Someone on SSC mentioned John Titor, who I didn't know of but found to be a very interesting analogy to all of this.
That was me.

The really interesting thing about the John Titor story is, to this day, no one has been able to positively identify the real hoaxer after a tremendous amount of private investigation. There are still a group of followers who believe this bogus story 15 years later — even though exactly none of John Titor's "predictions" came to be.

Sound at all familiar?

seanrichardryan
IDS Center

Postby seanrichardryan » January 28th, 2015, 11:40 pm

That may be true, but TexasRE's photo seems to be a professional photo (unlike so many other's on LinkedIn that have endorsed her), and when I pulled her up on LinkedIn she has no photo at all. So she ONLY did a professional photo for the SSC website and NOT on a site actually designed to promote yourself in the business world?

Its an image pulled from a Dress Barn catalog.
Q. What, what? A. In da butt.

Silophant

Postby Silophant » January 28th, 2015, 11:43 pm

That post right there is the high point of this whole saga for me.
Joey Senkyr
[email protected]

seanrichardryan
IDS Center

Postby seanrichardryan » January 29th, 2015, 12:18 am

Q. What, what? A. In da butt.

xandrex
Wells Fargo Center

Postby xandrex » January 29th, 2015, 12:21 am

Oh my God please do not email City Council people about this Jesus Christ
But think of how great it would be to solidify the crazy of the urbanist community in public record...for forever!

Dear Jacob,

Hope you're doing well and thanks for the enthusiasm in promoting an urban agenda. Those of us at UrbanMSP really appreciate it.

Oh, by the way, what do you know about a super-secret community of Christians known as The Consortium that is planning to reshape Minneapolis as we know it? Because apparently they're talking to you.

Also, in your reply, can I get a really super jazzy quote like you normally give to reporters? Thanks.

Have a nice day!

612transplant
Nicollet Mall

Postby 612transplant » January 29th, 2015, 12:51 am

That may be true, but TexasRE's photo seems to be a professional photo (unlike so many other's on LinkedIn that have endorsed her), and when I pulled her up on LinkedIn she has no photo at all. So she ONLY did a professional photo for the SSC website and NOT on a site actually designed to promote yourself in the business world?

Its an image pulled from a Dress Barn catalog.
Is that true?

I honestly can't tell what's plausible and implausible anymore....

mattaudio
Stone Arch Bridge

Postby mattaudio » January 29th, 2015, 7:17 am

The FBI has released a sketch of Ryan:

mulad

Postby mulad » January 29th, 2015, 9:28 am

Are you Doobie Keebler?

FISHMANPET
IDS Center

Postby FISHMANPET » January 29th, 2015, 9:30 am

TTT
Metrodome

Postby TTT » January 29th, 2015, 9:30 am

^^That is a fantastic sketch - I think we all knew he might really look like that...

trkaiser
Landmark Center

Postby trkaiser » January 29th, 2015, 9:43 am

Hehehehe - this is so funny. You could make some cash selling these...

PhilmerPhil

Postby PhilmerPhil » January 29th, 2015, 3:48 pm

I was hoping to log on today to the Rumors tab and hear that a malevolent international internet ring had been busted for hoaxing Commercial Real Estate threads about potential new skyscrapers and released were names and photos of the suspects involved... that didn't happen...
So retiredbanker's charity, God's Blessings (as seen here: http://www.albertleatribune.com/2013/08 ... lbert-lea/ ) has a myspace page: https://myspace.com/251892003. And a LinkedIn where it is mentioned that they are fundraising for some warehouse space: https://www.linkedin.com/pub/god-s-blessings/a7/b62/519

What does a high powered financier need to fundraise for a bit of storage space for?

Not sure what this tells us about June/Ryan, but it does further solidify Rick Christenson as a real person. He seems like a nice small town charitable dude, but definitely not a prestigious financier for downtown supertalls.

I don't know if this whole scenario is someone intentionally trying to trick people, or someone that just has misplaced confidence in himself as having an influential role in Minneapolis development.

MN Fats
Union Depot

Postby MN Fats » January 29th, 2015, 3:52 pm

Hmm, nice digging. The mystery continues. The connection between Retiredbanker and Rick Christenson is really central to a lot of this.

PhilmerPhil

Postby PhilmerPhil » January 29th, 2015, 3:55 pm

Do we know June's last name at this point? I don't think I've seen her LinkedIn. June and Ryan are the only people that we can question the "realness" of. Everyone else so far has been certifiably flesh.

MN Fats
Union Depot

Postby MN Fats » January 29th, 2015, 4:00 pm

Do we know June's last name at this point? I don't think I've seen her LinkedIn. June and Ryan are the only people that we can question the "realness" of. Everyone else so far has been certifiably flesh.
Just "June L."

https://www.linkedin.com/pub/june-l/88/20b/926

Derek M on SSC hasn't been popped up again yet either...

Tyler
Foshay Tower

Postby Tyler » January 29th, 2015, 4:02 pm

Phil, are you saying Obadiah Nygaard and the Bread and Butter project actually exist?
Towns!

jennifat
City Center

Postby jennifat » January 29th, 2015, 4:04 pm

This is fantastic. I'd suggest that you post this in the "Drama" thread over at SSC. :lol:

MN Fats
Union Depot

Postby MN Fats » January 29th, 2015, 4:04 pm