Rumors: A Historical Record of Mystery

Introductions - Urban Issues - Miscellaneous News, Topics, Interests
Anondson
IDS Center

Rumors!

Postby Anondson » August 6th, 2014, 9:49 pm

Like the one Alatus has proposed on the Washburn McReavy site?

grant1simons2
IDS Center

Re: Rumors!

Postby grant1simons2 » August 6th, 2014, 10:13 pm

Where were the renders. ugh this is why I'm becoming an architect, I can make people wait like this 8-)

FISHMANPET
IDS Center

Postby FISHMANPET » August 6th, 2014, 10:14 pm

Yeah that sounds a lot like this project: https://forum.streets.mn/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=2793&start=140

MS3

Postby MS3 » August 6th, 2014, 10:19 pm

Like the one Alatus has proposed on the Washburn McReavy site?
I don't know of that proposal. I think this one is on central just across the river. Normally this would excite me but I'm awaiting more news on something far more monumental that I briefly commented on earlier in this rumors thread.

emcee squared
Metrodome

Postby emcee squared » August 6th, 2014, 10:21 pm

A new proposal for a 42 story residential tower may be proposed soon..
A proposed proposal is going to be proposed?! :D

Silophant

Postby Silophant » August 6th, 2014, 10:23 pm

Yeah, that's the one FISHMANPET and anondsen were talking about. Still, it's encouraging to hear that that wasn't what you were hinting at before.
Joey Senkyr
[email protected]

grant1simons2
IDS Center

Postby grant1simons2 » August 6th, 2014, 10:26 pm

I mean. At least it's getting proposed and is sticking at 42 stories

Minneboy
US Bank Plaza

Postby Minneboy » August 6th, 2014, 11:26 pm

Geesh.

grant1simons2
IDS Center

Postby grant1simons2 » August 6th, 2014, 11:32 pm

What?

seanrichardryan
IDS Center

Postby seanrichardryan » August 7th, 2014, 5:51 am

Q. What, what? A. In da butt.

mattaudio
Stone Arch Bridge

Postby mattaudio » August 7th, 2014, 9:24 am

This is precious.

kregger22

Postby kregger22 » August 7th, 2014, 10:05 am

I was on a "New Building Being Announced High" for 30 seconds until I realized this was the same project we knew about from Alatus. Coming down from this high is much worse than the initial 30 second high I had. I'll be ok though.

MSPumpkins
Block E

Postby MSPumpkins » August 7th, 2014, 1:35 pm

^ Careful, that's how you get addicted. Next thing you know you'll be up at 3 am trolling obscure Asian development forums looking for a new tower just to catch a buzz.

Avian
Union Depot

Postby Avian » August 7th, 2014, 2:26 pm

Once again, a nice quote from June down in Dallas:

[QUOTE=Texas RE;116346105]Yes, things are going slower than it should be, but all plans are moving forward, the delays are not because of the developer though, some are because of market conditions, some for other reasons. The 4th & Hennepin development plans should be announced soon, I said that before, but Mortenson is making modifications from the original plans that was for a 50-story economy hotel with 400 rooms. The convention hotel I was expecting to be announced several weeks ago, I will check on that for you. Once the convention hotel is announced, you could expect several other hotel-condo projects announced shortly thereafter.

Also, you can expect some major announcements concerning retail tenants, all new to the Twin Cities market, heavily towards the international designer fashion, that will stun Twin Citians who they are. You have Retiredbanker to thank for that. Downtown Minneapolis will have a very high level of retail that will be just under the NYC, Chicago & SF markets. Minneapolis is currently ranked 5th Best Shopping Destination in the country by US News & World Report, the voters rank it 4th already. The small locally-owned boutiques & stores are plentiful, I don't think locals realize just how good you have it. Sometimes, it takes out-of-towners to tell you just how excellent it is.

The retail will not be solely on the Nicollet Mall, rather it'll be throughout the downtown area, making downtown a shopping district. It will take yrs. to bring much of the new retail to downtown, but it is in the plans. Minneapolis would've had Barney's New York, as well as Lord & Taylor, but real estate leasing agents are lazy, both retailers will be coming to downtown Minneapolis in the coming yrs. in new development projects. There are 5 more major dept. stores that want to locate downtown, 3 of them new to the Twin Cities, 2 are international department stores, real stunners, too.

Opus does appear to playing it too safe with the Ritz block, wanting to do the block themselves rather than take on a partner with deep pockets & experienced operators. That is a huge mistake on Opus' part, they do need to change their mind on what is best for the development & the city's best interest.
[/QUOTE]

“Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something.”
― Plato

grant1simons2
IDS Center

Postby grant1simons2 » August 7th, 2014, 2:35 pm

I love this city with all my heart I'm never leaving oh my gosh

TommyT
Target Field

Postby TommyT » August 7th, 2014, 2:45 pm

I love this city with all my heart I'm never leaving oh my gosh
LOL, have you been anywhere else? Minneapolis is great but there are so many more exciting cities out there to explore. Chicago is a favorite of mine.

If a lot of these things really start coming along before I finish my schooling I may just have to stay here too instead of moving away as planned.

grant1simons2
IDS Center

Postby grant1simons2 » August 7th, 2014, 2:49 pm

I've been all over. Minnesota born and raised and I've seen downtown go from nearly dead to alive and growing.

MinnMonkey
Landmark Center

Postby MinnMonkey » August 7th, 2014, 2:59 pm

Opus does appear to playing it too safe with the Ritz block, wanting to do the block themselves rather than take on a partner with deep pockets & experienced operators. That is a huge mistake on Opus' part, they do need to change their mind on what is best for the development & the city's best interest.
Bummer.

acs
Wells Fargo Center

Postby acs » August 7th, 2014, 3:01 pm

Once again, a nice quote from June down in Dallas:
Yes, things are going slower than it should be, but all plans are moving forward, the delays are not because of the developer though, some are because of market conditions, some for other reasons. The 4th & Hennepin development plans should be announced soon, I said that before, but Mortenson is making modifications from the original plans that was for a 50-story economy hotel with 400 rooms. The convention hotel I was expecting to be announced several weeks ago, I will check on that for you. Once the convention hotel is announced, you could expect several other hotel-condo projects announced shortly thereafter.

Also, you can expect some major announcements concerning retail tenants, all new to the Twin Cities market, heavily towards the international designer fashion, that will stun Twin Citians who they are. You have Retiredbanker to thank for that. Downtown Minneapolis will have a very high level of retail that will be just under the NYC, Chicago & SF markets. Minneapolis is currently ranked 5th Best Shopping Destination in the country by US News & World Report, the voters rank it 4th already. The small locally-owned boutiques & stores are plentiful, I don't think locals realize just how good you have it. Sometimes, it takes out-of-towners to tell you just how excellent it is.

The retail will not be solely on the Nicollet Mall, rather it'll be throughout the downtown area, making downtown a shopping district. It will take yrs. to bring much of the new retail to downtown, but it is in the plans. Minneapolis would've had Barney's New York, as well as Lord & Taylor, but real estate leasing agents are lazy, both retailers will be coming to downtown Minneapolis in the coming yrs. in new development projects. There are 5 more major dept. stores that want to locate downtown, 3 of them new to the Twin Cities, 2 are international department stores, real stunners, too.

First reaction:
4th and Hennepin lot developed- Good!
50 Story building- great!
Another Hotel- disappointing
Convention center hotel- expected
Flurry of new proposals to follow - exciting!
More Condo's - good!
More Hotels- Bad!
World class retail coming to Minneapolis- Good!
Not on Nicollet mall - ok
New department stores- potentially great!
No Ritz Block development - big disappointment.

grant1simons2
IDS Center

Postby grant1simons2 » August 7th, 2014, 3:26 pm

Now if only there was a plan for that block lot across from the library.