Transit and Land Use Advocacy

Introductions - Urban Issues - Miscellaneous News, Topics, Interests
Snelbian
Rice Park

Re: Transit and Land Use Advocacy

Postby Snelbian » July 23rd, 2015, 8:09 am

Anyone else organizing a National Night Out event? They are good opportunities to talk to people about land use and transportation issues. I had some good conversations about permit parking and recerting 26th/28th to two-way operation last year.

What specific issues would you all like to talk to your nieghbors about?
Around here the Snelling re-do and soccer stadium will be the big topics of discussion, I'm betting. I need to talk to some people about Selby/Fairview, permit parking on Hague/Saratoga, and the Marshall/Snelling corner redevelopment Starbucks thing.

trigonalmayhem

Postby trigonalmayhem » July 28th, 2015, 10:12 am

The 11 is the fastest it's ever been. ;)
The 11 was the biggest problem during the detour. I think you meant your winky as sarcasm, so yeah. Third ave was backed up past Stevens square for two weeks and buses were very literally taking an hour to get downtown from lake.

mattaudio
Stone Arch Bridge

Postby mattaudio » July 28th, 2015, 10:49 am

^I've seen this on other buses as well recently. It's really time for transit lanes during peak hours.

EOst
Capella Tower

Postby EOst » July 28th, 2015, 11:26 am

Yep. Though to nuance it a bit, it's actually quite a bit faster now off-peak; Nicollet Mall is the slowest part of the route when it's not snarled by congestion.
It's really time for transit lanes during peak hours.
It's a pretty narrow ROW--60', and it's on the near-term bike plan. I don't think you could do much better than this: http://streetmix.net/-/259370 (Even that would entail the loss of all street parking, which I suspect the neighborhood association would oppose, and those are pretty narrow lane widths.)

But I don't disagree in principle.