Fireworks

Introductions - Urban Issues - Miscellaneous News, Topics, Interests
cooperrez
Landmark Center

Fireworks

Postby cooperrez » July 3rd, 2017, 12:52 pm

Anyone have inside knowledge for watching fireworks in Stillwater? I have never seen them in that town, wondering if somebody has and can give me any tips.

We usually go to the Minneapolis display at the Stone Arch Bridge and have seen them from many different spots, usually somewhere near the Guthrie. One of my favorite spots to see fireworks though had been from Cherokee Ave. in St. Paul with the Cathedral, the Capitol and downtown St. Paul in the background. It was nice when they had 3 or 4 displays for the Taste of MN leading up to the 4th, so you could see them there and go to Mpls. if you wanted. I guess you could see the CHS Field fireworks from that vantage point, but it wouldn't be quite the same IMO. Maybe Prospect Blvd would be a cool spot for the CHS Field display?

David Greene
IDS Center

Re: Fireworks

Postby David Greene » July 3rd, 2017, 1:39 pm

We're going to try watching from Cray's 10th floor deck! Julian does not like loud fireworks so we figure being far away and up high will mitigate that.

cooperrez
Landmark Center

Re: Fireworks

Postby cooperrez » July 3rd, 2017, 2:07 pm

That would be cool. We watched downtown Minneapolis fireworks from the Lake St. Bridge back when our oldest was still a baby. Not loud at all from there. Then a couple years later we found ourselves in a port-a-potty right under the Stone Arch Bridge when they started. That was too close for comfort for her at that time.