What wrong with our parks?

Introductions - Urban Issues - Miscellaneous News, Topics, Interests
Silophant

Re: What wrong with our parks?

Postby Silophant » April 1st, 2018, 7:18 pm

It did last summer, so I imagine it will continue to. Depends on your definition of "much use", of course, it's never been as busy as, like, Loring Park outside of planned events, but it wasn't uncommon to see a dozen or two people there on nice days, which strikes me as not too bad for a half-complete park in a neighborhood that still has very few residents. Another few hundred people living at Washington and Chicago should help a lot.
Joey Senkyr
[email protected]

Homewood2009
Metrodome

Re: What wrong with our parks?

Postby Homewood2009 » April 7th, 2018, 7:40 am

I would lobe to see something like Bryant Park in New York, here in Minneapolis. Been through it, and hung out in it, a few times in the last coupe of years. There was a place to get coffee and light snacks, performance space, lots of trees, and most importantly, plenty of places to sit and have conversation or just people watch.

karen nelson
Nicollet Mall

Re: RE: Re: What wrong with our parks?

Postby karen nelson » April 16th, 2018, 8:29 pm

Do you think "The Commons" -- the park in front of the Vikings stadium will get much day-to-day (non-event) use? Its sort of nice, but the location is a big weird, you would need to choose that park over the river.
I actually sort of think Downtown east is sort of over-parked, at least in terms if big parks. With the residential density, some little pocket parks frequently would always be used but with all the parkland already along river and going in in the future, Gold Medal Park and Commons and it her public gathering spaces like Mill Ruins...seems a lot big parks.

But as density of development continues, may work out.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk