grant1simons2
IDS Center

Re: Downtown East - Wells Fargo / Radisson Red / Edition Apt

Postby grant1simons2 » February 24th, 2016, 8:23 pm

min-chi-cbus
Capella Tower

Postby min-chi-cbus » February 24th, 2016, 8:47 pm

Still, I'm not a fan of the look or layout of this office space -- compared to what could have been, I guess. JMO.
What this development could have been.
Nailed it! Your interpretation of what I said is spot on, once again.

mister.shoes
Wells Fargo Center

Postby mister.shoes » February 24th, 2016, 11:26 pm

Aside from the first- and second-floor magic-paks being the complete wrong color, these are turning out great.
The problem with being an introvert online is that no one knows you're just hanging out and listening.

seanrichardryan
IDS Center

Postby seanrichardryan » February 24th, 2016, 11:34 pm

What's with the patios?
Q. What, what? A. In da butt.

Nathan
Capella Tower

Postby Nathan » February 25th, 2016, 7:19 am

They have really awesome textured granite (or maybe concrete, I drove by quickly) Plinth Blocks that give them a good sense of privacy.

Archiapolis
US Bank Plaza

Postby Archiapolis » February 25th, 2016, 12:19 pm

I don't think any other site plan would have provided any more actual permeability of this block, but there is something about the appearance of these as you look north that looks like some kind of wall. So there's a perceived edge even if it's no different than anything else that could have been here.
Respectfully, there is definitely a different site plan that would have been more permeable.

Take all of the square footage from these two shorter, bulkier buildings put it in a smaller footprint and make it taller.

Whether or not it was "feasible" or the right thing to do economically for the client/developer is up for debate.

As usual, I'm describing a preference or an ideal for the city. I don't care about the client or the developer.

I'd also say that evaluating these things doesn't fit into neat little boxes but if the current design meant a fully funded, full amenity "Commons", I might see this new edge/not fantastic buildings as a welcome trade-off but that is NOT the case so I have to evaluate it given the current circumstances.

<edited for grammar>

Wedgeguy
Capella Tower

Postby Wedgeguy » February 26th, 2016, 5:34 pm

Opens on Monday.
Was in the Haaf ramp yesterday and I just walked to take a look and did see the signs for the 29th. The strangest thing I saw was the skyway sign in the old section of the skyway is old, while the skyway sign where you turn to head over to the WF tower has the new Skyways to the stadium and brought back the skyway to the Nic on 5th. But they did not have the skyway to the Xcel building on the new maps. Those 2 maps are 25 yards apart and you would think that if they made one new one, that they would have made new signs for all over the skyway system. Especially when changing both of them out would have been so f**king simple, they were already there and if they had 2 signs which they better have. they could have saved themselves some future work and money by getting it done once instead of twice. But that seem to be the problem, the city is full of simpletons that can't think past one project at a time and saving the taxpayers money.
Last edited by Wedgeguy on February 26th, 2016, 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

grant1simons2
IDS Center

Postby grant1simons2 » February 26th, 2016, 5:44 pm

Maybe that could be change if our skyway advisory committee wasn't nearly 100% vacant (17 open seats)

Mcgizz
Nicollet Mall

Postby Mcgizz » February 26th, 2016, 8:28 pm

Maybe that could be change if our skyway advisory committee wasn't nearly 100% vacant (17 open seats)
Hold on. Why does the skyway advisory committee have anywhere near 17 total seats? That's way too many. Am I missing something or could they get by with 7?

grant1simons2
IDS Center

Postby grant1simons2 » February 26th, 2016, 8:30 pm

Silophant

Postby Silophant » February 26th, 2016, 8:41 pm

Wait, they didn't appoint anyone? I thought about applying, but that vaguely-worded "Regular members shall be owners or occupants of a property connected to a Mpls skyway." requirement made me unsure if I qualify as an employee of a business in a skyway-connected building, so I didn't. I also can't tell if I still can - most committee pages like that have some wording about the positions being open until filled, but that doesn't.
Joey Senkyr
[email protected]

seamonster
Nicollet Mall

Postby seamonster » February 26th, 2016, 11:12 pm

I've been traipsing through the skyways as an employee for nigh on two decades. That makes me an occupant of a property, no? Come on, let's do this on Monday. Who's with me? There's room aplenty...

Wedgeguy
Capella Tower

Postby Wedgeguy » February 27th, 2016, 7:45 am

I've been traipsing through the skyways as an employee for nigh on two decades. That makes me an occupant of a property, no? Come on, let's do this on Monday. Who's with me? There's room aplenty...
I'll have to wait until Wednesday to see what they have done. A thumbs up or down!

sushisimo
Landmark Center

Postby sushisimo » February 27th, 2016, 12:24 pm

Skyway Advisory Committee

The Skyway Advisory Committee is a group of 17 regular voting members...

Vacancies:
There are currently seventeen vacancies.

I needed that deep belly-laugh!

grant1simons2
IDS Center

Postby grant1simons2 » February 29th, 2016, 10:46 am

The ground level is much more interesting than the skyway. I hope it can stay that way. The skyway does give you some history of Minneapolis in aerial photography, so that's neat.

Wedgeguy
Capella Tower

Postby Wedgeguy » February 29th, 2016, 8:23 pm

Will hopefully get a chance to do some looking around and checking this out on Wednesday.

Wedgeguy
Capella Tower

Postby Wedgeguy » March 6th, 2016, 5:20 pm

Western 3rd of the last floor of the Rad Red is now making ti's way up. NO ROOF TRUSSES YET. Looks like once they have this project topped off the Millwright Building will be breaking ground so that will be under construction by summer. Will be happy to see both those blank walls of WF towers covered up for the most part.

Wedgeguy
Capella Tower

Postby Wedgeguy » March 7th, 2016, 11:07 am

Noticed yesterday that there is a new cube being built on top of the 2 story entrance section of the old Whitney Hotel. I'm thinking it is a club room for the residence of the building. I think their group outdoor terrace is also on there too.

matthew5080
Rice Park

Postby matthew5080 » March 8th, 2016, 11:02 am

Went by the Wells Fargo Towers in the bus on my way to class and noticed that they took off the coverings and started to fix up what looks like concrete decorations or seals of some kind. They're rather nice looking and add some character to the lower levels of the building.