DTE: Wells Fargo, Radisson Red, Edition Apts & Millwright Building

Downtown - North Loop - Mill District - Elliot Park - Loring Park
Wedgeguy
Capella Tower

Re: Downtown East - Wells Fargo / Radisson Red / Edition Apt

Postby Wedgeguy » March 8th, 2016, 11:21 am

Went by the Wells Fargo Towers in the bus on my way to class and noticed that they took off the coverings and started to fix up what looks like concrete decorations or seals of some kind. They're rather nice looking and add some character to the lower levels of the building.
Most if not all of those were salvaged from the old Star Trib building before it was tore down. But I agree that they add a bit of visual class at the street level.

seanrichardryan
IDS Center

Postby seanrichardryan » March 8th, 2016, 12:50 pm

They were scalped from the Star Tribune facade.
Q. What, what? A. In da butt.

matthew5080
Rice Park

Postby matthew5080 » March 8th, 2016, 4:03 pm

Went by the Wells Fargo Towers in the bus on my way to class and noticed that they took off the coverings and started to fix up what looks like concrete decorations or seals of some kind. They're rather nice looking and add some character to the lower levels of the building.
Most if not all of those were salvaged from the old Star Trib building before it was tore down. But I agree that they add a bit of visual class at the street level.
Had no idea, but that's really cool.

mullen
Foshay Tower

Postby mullen » March 9th, 2016, 10:01 am

Western 3rd of the last floor of the Rad Red is now making ti's way up. NO ROOF TRUSSES YET. Looks like once they have this project topped off the Millwright Building will be breaking ground so that will be under construction by summer. Will be happy to see both those blank walls of WF towers covered up for the most part.
yea millwright is scheduled to break ground this month.

amiller92
Wells Fargo Center

Postby amiller92 » March 9th, 2016, 10:10 am

I'm surprised about how big the gap is between the Red and the Wells Fargo tower.

Qhaberl
Foshay Tower

Postby Qhaberl » March 9th, 2016, 10:24 am

Just out of curiosity, has anyone actually been in the towers yet? I know that worker he started moving in last week Monday, I believe. I really would like to see pictures of the interior of the building.

mattaudio
Stone Arch Bridge

Postby mattaudio » March 9th, 2016, 10:53 am

There is a policy that limits photography inside facilities by employees.

MN Fats
Union Depot

Postby MN Fats » March 9th, 2016, 12:30 pm

I'm surprised about how big the gap is between the Red and the Wells Fargo tower.
Agreed. That large concrete wall is very conspicuous and an eyesore. Here's hoping something's done to fix that.

mnjimn
Block E

Postby mnjimn » March 9th, 2016, 12:30 pm

Is the Millwright Building going to be on the 3rd St side of the West tower where the blank wall is now?

Silophant

Postby Silophant » March 9th, 2016, 12:43 pm

Yep.
Joey Senkyr
[email protected]

Wedgeguy
Capella Tower

Postby Wedgeguy » March 9th, 2016, 1:08 pm

Part of the reason is the entrance to the underground area of the Well buildings. The Millwright can build right up to that entrance or incorporate it into the buildings design. The Red has to allow for the driveway to go behind the building and also they have to deal with the odd one story entrance that block the driveway from going straight thru. This meant a narrow hotel, and a jagged driveway, but also allowed for some limited guest parking next to the building. I look for some sort of mural going up on the blank wall. But who is willing to pay for it is another story. I feel it would be a great space for a old western theme with the Wells Fargo stage coaches going across the prairie. IF Radisson pays I see a more contemporary mural to fit in with the Red's theme. JMO

Wedgeguy
Capella Tower

Postby Wedgeguy » March 9th, 2016, 1:12 pm

Just out of curiosity, has anyone actually been in the towers yet? I know that worker he started moving in last week Monday, I believe. I really would like to see pictures of the interior of the building.
Hoping today to walk across the skyway from the Haaf Ramp to the West WF tower and see what the skyway level looks like and then leave out the street front door to see what the street lobby looks like. Think like most other corporate tower you need a badge to get to the non public elevators and above floor 2. Curious to see the decor and how good or bad the interior actually is on the skyway level.

amiller92
Wells Fargo Center

Postby amiller92 » March 9th, 2016, 2:05 pm

Hoping today to walk across the skyway from the Haaf Ramp to the West WF tower and see what the skyway level looks like and then leave out the street front door to see what the street lobby looks like. Think like most other corporate tower you need a badge to get to the non public elevators and above floor 2. Curious to see the decor and how good or bad the interior actually is on the skyway level.
Did that last week. There are some cool historical maps/images on the skyway level. Otherwise, it's perfectly fine but just a corporate building lobby.

Qhaberl
Foshay Tower

Postby Qhaberl » March 9th, 2016, 3:29 pm

Off topic question, how many apartments are going to be in the Edition complex? From my count, using the devolopment tracker map, it looks about 410 apartments. Is that correct? Its too bad that they will all be so expensive. I would love to live in Downtown East.

Silophant

Postby Silophant » March 9th, 2016, 3:58 pm

Eh, that's not off topic. I'm in a rather boring conference call, so I counted the floor plans on their website. Looks like 192 total apartments: 131 in the park building, 29 in the west liner building, and 32 in the east liner building. They are unfortunately expensive, I'd also love to live there.
Joey Senkyr
[email protected]

Qhaberl
Foshay Tower

Postby Qhaberl » March 9th, 2016, 4:21 pm

http://www.thedevelopmenttracker.com/map/

If you go to this website, the map lets you click on each of the buildings. Look at the count.

Building 1: 200 Apartments
Building 2: 110
Building 3: 110

Wedgeguy
Capella Tower

Postby Wedgeguy » March 9th, 2016, 5:54 pm

Did that last week. There are some cool historical maps/images on the skyway level. Otherwise, it's perfectly fine but just a corporate building lobby.
Basicallty a lot of beige and grey with some brown accents. What Amiller92 said basically, the real tenants months. at this point are in the 600 tower not the 550, so it will be next month be for the Caribou and Eisenstein, but the restaurant will not open in the west tower for a few months.

Silophant

Postby Silophant » March 9th, 2016, 6:10 pm

If you go to this website, the map lets you click on each of the buildings. Look at the count.

Sure, but if you go to this website, run by the management of the Edition, you can count the number of units in each building for yourself, and you'll come up with 131, 29, and 32.
Joey Senkyr
[email protected]

Qhaberl
Foshay Tower

Postby Qhaberl » March 9th, 2016, 6:30 pm

Sounds good. We should inform the Dev tracker.

Wedgeguy
Capella Tower

Postby Wedgeguy » March 9th, 2016, 6:32 pm

Sure, but if you go to this website, run by the management of the Edition, you can count the number of units in each building for yourself, and you'll come up with 131, 29, and 32.
They must be counting bedrooms and not units then. I'm surprised that they have not got any scaffolding up for the Park units yet ot get the exterior put on yet. I'd look at them being the more important units than the east tower units. More units and being on the park has got to be more of a plus than across 4th street.