maxbaby
Landmark Center

Tim Hortons

Postby maxbaby » June 13th, 2016, 1:59 pm

Didier
Capella Tower

Re: Tim Hortons

Postby Didier » June 13th, 2016, 4:27 pm

Worth one of my three free articles! But what does that even mean? It sounds like they're super early in any sort of process.

Also, as far as coffee goes, I don't know that Tim Horton's necessarily competes for the same customer as Starbucks or Caribou. Will be interesting. They just opened in St. Louis of all poses.

Silophant

Postby Silophant » June 13th, 2016, 6:03 pm

Hopefully they roll out a little faster than Dunkin Donuts is.

QuietBlue
Rice Park

Postby QuietBlue » June 14th, 2016, 8:37 am

Maybe TH expanding will light a fire under DD and cause them to speed things up, lest the ideal sites get bought out from underneath them.

talindsay
Wells Fargo Center

Postby talindsay » June 14th, 2016, 1:32 pm

I love Tim Hortons but have been disappointed with most of their out-market franchise locations. The donuts are good, but the coffee isn't the same, and they typically don't have the rest of the menu. The one I went to in Fargo was better than the St Louis ones but I'd like a proper Tim Hortons.

Mdcastle
US Bank Plaza

Postby Mdcastle » June 14th, 2016, 1:37 pm

Tim Hortons (at least the ones in the Maritime provinces) are better than Dunkin Donuts, but I'd take either one, provided it had a drive thru, in east Bloomington. The city and developer seem to have more grandiose visions for the vacant lot at 94th and Lyndale, but it could be a redevelopment somewhere else.

MattW
Union Depot

Postby MattW » June 14th, 2016, 1:41 pm

I might be wrong on this but, didn't Tim Hortons come to the Twin Cities previously and fail? I thought the Wendy's in Hopkins was a dual concept location until Tim Hortons moved out.

cooperrez
Landmark Center

Postby cooperrez » February 27th, 2017, 11:39 am

Tim Hortons at 36th Ave S and East Lake St. is coming along. They are almost done with the exterior, windows and doors are in and the interior is also close. I had read they were shooting for an opening in Feb., but that will obviously not happen, maybe sometime in March. I know that they have already taken applications for this location.

cooperrez
Landmark Center

Postby cooperrez » March 12th, 2017, 7:56 pm

cooperrez
Landmark Center

Postby cooperrez » March 23rd, 2017, 4:33 pm

Soft opening right now, not sure until what time, just walk in and order and it's on the house. Grand opening sometime next week. This is the 36th Ave S. and East Lake St. location.

Didier
Capella Tower

Postby Didier » March 23rd, 2017, 7:28 pm

Yes! + 1 IMO

Suburban Outcast
Landmark Center

Postby Suburban Outcast » March 26th, 2017, 3:26 pm

The Maplewood location that is under construction right now has blank walls facing Rice St and County Rd B, which is a shame. It's right across from the Highway 36 and Rice St park-and-ride, so it would have been nice to see the storefront face Rice more.

The Dunkin Donuts just a mile north along Rice in Roseville at least faces the street.

EOst
Capella Tower

Postby EOst » March 26th, 2017, 5:55 pm

View from Cty B and Rice

mamundsen
Wells Fargo Center

Postby mamundsen » March 26th, 2017, 10:07 pm

I had no idea that was going to be a Tim Horton's! I've driven past it at least 4-5x! Terrible.

cooperrez
Landmark Center

Postby cooperrez » March 27th, 2017, 10:50 am

The East Lake St store was open for business this morning. The wall along 36th Ave S is all windows, but along Lake St. mostly blank. There is an entrance at the corner facing Lake, but I thought is was a shame that the full windows couldn't be along Lake. I see from the above picture, however, it could be much worse.

David Greene
IDS Center

Postby David Greene » March 28th, 2017, 3:53 pm

I stopped in at the MOA place before work. SORELY disappointed. Donuts were definitely not fresh.

cooperrez
Landmark Center

Postby cooperrez » April 27th, 2017, 10:49 am

I have to say I was disappointed with their Lake St. store too. The donuts have never tasted fresh. I tried them a couple of times at night and figured they were just old from that morning, but I gave them a try early one morning before work and they still didn't taste fresh (basically the same as Cub or SA donuts) and not only that they didn't have their full selection ready. I asked them if they made the donuts onsite and the answer was yes, so maybe you have to get them at the exact right time. I figured there would be some learning curve to get through, but the MOA site has been open for a while now. Maybe this is as good as it gets. I don't foresee going in there much, maybe I need to lower my expectations.

I want to give my business to Savory Bake House more, but can only do that during their narrow business hours. The one advantage Tim Hortons has over Savory is that they are open longer hours. There was some talk about Tim Hortons staying open 24/7, but the only adjustment to their hours has been closing an hour earlier now on the weekend, closing was 11p on Fri and Sat, now they close at 10p everyday of the week.

David Greene
IDS Center

Postby David Greene » April 27th, 2017, 11:04 am

I seem to remember much better stuff in Canada but maybe that's just psychological.

Mooglemuffins
Nicollet Mall

Postby Mooglemuffins » April 27th, 2017, 1:21 pm

cooperrez wrote:
April 27th, 2017, 10:49 am
I have to say I was disappointed with their Lake St. store too. The donuts have never tasted fresh. I tried them a couple of times at night and figured they were just old from that morning, but I gave them a try early one morning before work and they still didn't taste fresh (basically the same as Cub or SA donuts) and not only that they didn't have their full selection ready. I asked them if they made the donuts onsite and the answer was yes, so maybe you have to get them at the exact right time. I figured there would be some learning curve to get through, but the MOA site has been open for a while now. Maybe this is as good as it gets. I don't foresee going in there much, maybe I need to lower my expectations.

I want to give my business to Savory Bake House more, but can only do that during their narrow business hours. The one advantage Tim Hortons has over Savory is that they are open longer hours. There was some talk about Tim Hortons staying open 24/7, but the only adjustment to their hours has been closing an hour earlier now on the weekend, closing was 11p on Fri and Sat, now they close at 10p everyday of the week.

I'd have to say the same thing about the couple of times I've been to the lake street one so far. Breakfast sandwiches are good though.

talindsay
Wells Fargo Center

Postby talindsay » April 27th, 2017, 3:41 pm

The Dinkytown location is noticeably better than the Lake Street location. It's probably just learning curve, although volume may be a factor too. The moa and Dinkytown locations have automatic high volume because of their locations, and that means selling lots of doughnuts, which means they're always fresh. This store has less automatic volume, which means the doughnuts sit longer, which means we aren't impressed so we don't go there, so they sit even longer. They have a lower chance of success than the other two, I think. Even though Lake Street is super close to my house, I have resumed going to the Dinkytown location (which is fairly close to my office) since their product is better.

Return to “Anything Goes”