RBC Gateway & Four Seasons - 37 stories - 519'

Downtown - North Loop - Mill District - Elliot Park - Loring Park
5th Ave Guy
Landmark Center

Re: United Properties / Four Seasons "Gateway" Project (Nicollet Hotel Block)

Postby 5th Ave Guy » October 11th, 2017, 11:57 am

I question whether business travelers that need to be downtown would stay over there considering the part of downtown you have to walk through to get to the core.
Yeah I don't really get this either. This building would be on Nicollet Mall.
Yeah, I walk by on Hennepin, so I suppose my view is a little skewed. I hadn't really thought about the main foot traffic from this location being on Nicollet.

grant1simons2
IDS Center

Postby grant1simons2 » October 13th, 2017, 11:38 am

Hi, actual news here, it looks like they're showing off some new renderings of a more glassy shiny and cleaned up tower

Navin
City Center

Postby Navin » October 13th, 2017, 2:09 pm

But is the cleaned up tower Eye-Kahn-Ick anymore?

Palmetto
Block E

Postby Palmetto » October 13th, 2017, 2:12 pm

Hi, actual news here, it looks like they're showing off some new renderings of a more glassy shiny and cleaned up tower

Yep! They've updated the renderings on the project webpage. https://www.uproperties.com/properties/gateway/
Still mentions a 5-star hotel. Fingers crossed this thing gets built.

John21
Rice Park

Postby John21 » October 13th, 2017, 2:28 pm

No more spire?

HiawathaGuy
Wells Fargo Center

Postby HiawathaGuy » October 20th, 2017, 11:27 am

RBC will keep HQ downtown; could anchor United Properties or Ryan towers
https://www.bizjournals.com/twincities/ ... could.html
*LOCKED*

Besides staying in their current space, the article mentions they've narrowed their search to a few downtown locations - with this being one of them.

One would be anchoring United Properties’ proposed tower at Nicollet and Third Street. The city awarded United Properties the development rights for the site and the Pohlad-owned firm pitched a Four Seasons hotel with apartments and condos in a 30- to 40-story tower. United Properties has since lost financing for the project and has been granted extensions by the city. An anchor tenant like RBC could put the project back in motion.

“We continue to pursue office tenants for this signature mixed-use project anchored by the Four Seasons Hotel and key office tenants,” said United Properties spokeswoman Sheila Thelemann.

Silophant

Postby Silophant » October 20th, 2017, 12:19 pm

Glad to hear that RBC is staying downtown. Is this the first we've heard of this building including an office component? Seems like I only remember it being hotel on the bottom and residential on top.
Joey Senkyr
[email protected]

HiawathaGuy
Wells Fargo Center

Postby HiawathaGuy » October 20th, 2017, 12:45 pm

Glad to hear that RBC is staying downtown. Is this the first we've heard of this building including an office component? Seems like I only remember it being hotel on the bottom and residential on top.
I thought the same thing. I think they maybe mentioned some office space, as there was that talk of a TV station taking up the ground floor space. But otherwise it was always hotel/residential.

Seth
Metrodome

Postby Seth » October 20th, 2017, 2:07 pm

What are the Ryan towers the headline is talking about?

edit: nvm I see this is also posted in the us bank stadium parking ramp thread.

SurlyLHT
Wells Fargo Center

Postby SurlyLHT » October 24th, 2017, 11:23 am

They've updated their website. It lists:

*Class A office or luxury apartments
*Condos on top floors

Maybe with Four Seasons, potentially RBC and condos this might reach a notable height? It's wishful thinking, but given that Alatus sees a 40 story tower of Condos alone as viable we may be fortunate.

[url][/https://www.uproperties.com/properties/gateway/url]

HiawathaGuy
Wells Fargo Center

Postby HiawathaGuy » October 24th, 2017, 11:37 am

We definitely are in need of a quality mixed-use building downtown - especially at the north end of Nicollet. It would seem that the other half of the Ryan block across from the Library & this block both need mixed-use elements. I think that would help blend downtown with North Loop & the river area very well. Here's hoping they're working hard to pencil out plans that do this well!

SurlyLHT
Wells Fargo Center

Postby SurlyLHT » October 24th, 2017, 12:59 pm

A neat thing about having offices here is that it'll be one of the closest large office buildings to the river. The workers will easily be able to walk down Hennepin and take the stairs to the riverfront and the improvements that will occur there.

Silophant

Postby Silophant » October 24th, 2017, 1:06 pm

I wonder how many floors of office they'd be looking at? Does anyone happen to know how many floors RBC occupies in the current building?
Joey Senkyr
[email protected]

mister.shoes
Wells Fargo Center

Postby mister.shoes » October 24th, 2017, 1:18 pm

Huh. Ryan can [theoretically] do underground parking here, but Opus can't pull it off one block kitty-corner to the SE.
The problem with being an introvert online is that no one knows you're just hanging out and listening.

nordeast homer
US Bank Plaza

Postby nordeast homer » October 24th, 2017, 1:36 pm

I believe RBC occupies 15 floors currently.

HiawathaGuy
Wells Fargo Center

Postby HiawathaGuy » October 24th, 2017, 2:02 pm

Huh. Ryan can [theoretically] do underground parking here, but Opus can't pull it off one block kitty-corner to the SE.
I believe the bedrock is pretty shallow here, only allowing for one or two levels of underground parking (or at least I think that's what's been discussed on this site a few times). UP plans to have a few above ground levels of parking with this block as well, so I do think overall costs factor heavily into build-out decisions for the north end of Nicollet.

martykoessel
Landmark Center

Postby martykoessel » October 24th, 2017, 2:44 pm

I seem to recall a string of comments on this forum related to a very large cavern under this block and/or the one on which Marq4 and the new Xcel building sit. The history was pretty interesting, though there's no longer anything of beauty down there. Lots of poop, maybe. Anyone else remember that, and does the cavern extend under 365 Nicollet?

SurlyLHT
Wells Fargo Center

Postby SurlyLHT » October 24th, 2017, 3:47 pm

It appears Sheik's Cave is underneath Downtown. There are a bunch of links on Google talking about it. Sounds like it's mostly destroyed and not much left. It'll be awesome is somehow one of these caves or tunnels were opened up for use. I know the tunnels beneath the Pillsbury A Mill had some talk of being made public.

" While constructing the NMT around 1900, work crews broke through into several natural cavities beneath downtown and elsewhere. While most were relatively small voids, the one beneath the then Farmer's and Mechanic's Bank was quite large, spanning half a block, and reportedly contained many flowing streams, pools, and a waterfall dubbed “Little Minnehaha Falls” pouring from a ceiling fissure"

http://drainfreak.com/df/twincities/schieks/

Homewood2009
Metrodome

Postby Homewood2009 » October 24th, 2017, 4:12 pm

New tallest, perhaps?? I sure hope so, Capella has been tallest long enough. No, I dont count that extra structure that IDS added to house their window washing equipment years after it was built.

SurlyLHT
Wells Fargo Center

Postby SurlyLHT » October 24th, 2017, 4:25 pm

Potentially, could be the tallest. Potentially the Vikings could also win the Super Bowl as well. If we get hotel, office and condos the math may work. A cool thing about living on the top of this building is that there would be views of both the riverfront and close view of Downtown.