Oaks Station Place

Calhoun-Isles, Cedar-Riverside, Longfellow, Nokomis, Phillips, Powderhorn, and Southwest
aeisenberg
Landmark Center

Re: Oaks Station Place

Postby aeisenberg » June 30th, 2016, 4:44 pm

Was meaning to ask the same! Especially since I just made the biggest purchase of my life 3 blocks away!
+ 1
Aaron Eisenberg / Realtor, Keller Williams Integrity
612.568.5828 / [email protected] / 1350 Lagoon Ave #900
http://www.agentaaron.com

HuskyGrad
Union Depot

Postby HuskyGrad » July 1st, 2016, 9:35 am

So, is the management just holding onto hope of renting this giant space someday? Such a shame it's still empty. They should split it up.
From what I've heard there's a desire by the owner to have a restaurant fill the full space and no desire from banks to fund such a thing. It really should be subdivided into a couple spaces that compliment each other and the adjacent station. I know Andrew Johnson that worked with a few potential tenants, so it might be best to put a bug in his ear to pressure Oaks to fill the space.

HuskyGrad
Union Depot

Postby HuskyGrad » June 9th, 2017, 5:32 pm

Sounds like Venn Brewing will be opening in December.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scottie
City Center

Postby Scottie » June 9th, 2017, 6:49 pm

^That would be awesome. Can I ask where you heard that?

HuskyGrad
Union Depot

Postby HuskyGrad » June 10th, 2017, 8:45 am

^That would be awesome. Can I ask where you heard that?
Apparently residents were sent an email.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

billhelm
Nicollet Mall

Postby billhelm » June 27th, 2017, 12:57 pm

https://growlermag.com/new-neighborhood ... n-brewing/

looks like Venn's official. Will be good to see that space finally utilized, and for a brewery fairly close to my home!

cooperrez
Landmark Center

Postby cooperrez » July 12th, 2017, 9:13 am

Pictures from Venn's twitter account:

https://twitter.com/vennbrewing/status/ ... 1367398401

Silophant

Postby Silophant » November 14th, 2017, 10:10 am

Venn Brewing on track to open in December:
Joey Senkyr
[email protected]

cooperrez
Landmark Center

Postby cooperrez » November 14th, 2017, 11:31 am

I am very interested to see how Venn does at this location with no real parking lot, not sure what the set up is regarding the spaces in the lot next to the transit station, and the restrictions on the street parking in the area. I guess I like how this discourages drinking and driving, but I wonder what it will do to their overall traffic. I certainly hope they make out like gangbusters though.

HiawathaGuy
Wells Fargo Center

Postby HiawathaGuy » November 14th, 2017, 12:03 pm

I am very interested to see how Venn does at this location with no real parking lot, not sure what the set up is regarding the spaces in the lot next to the transit station, and the restrictions on the street parking in the area. I guess I like how this discourages drinking and driving, but I wonder what it will do to their overall traffic. I certainly hope they make out like gangbusters though.
The on-street LRT restrictions were changed to accommodate more flexible parking rules, which the Venn owners had to petition the neighbors for, and get adjusted by the City. Neighbors were very supportive of amending the parking rules to give more street space use for this development. I have a good friend that lives on 35th Ave S, the street just west of the apartment/transit station. I'm curious to see how this does as well - for me, it's both somewhat walkable or 1 light rail stop away, so I'm very excited! I think being on the Blue Line will be beneficial, I wish more of the NE brew pubs were on better transit routes!

amiller92
Wells Fargo Center

Postby amiller92 » November 14th, 2017, 12:38 pm

I've driven over to the 46th St Station to catch the train a few times and never had trouble parking east of 35th Ave (evenings and weekends). Unless Bull's Horn gets wildly popular, I don't think parking within two blocks will be a big deal. If it does, might have to park as much as three blocks away.

MNdible
is great.

Postby MNdible » November 14th, 2017, 1:51 pm

Sort of an aside here, but does anybody have a sense as to the zoning requirements for breweries? I understood that they required industrial zoning, but is there a size cut-off that allows very small breweries to operate in commercial zoning?

LakeCharles
Foshay Tower

Postby LakeCharles » December 14th, 2017, 3:32 pm