U.S. Bank Stadium

Downtown - North Loop - Mill District - Elliot Park - Loring Park
amiller92
Wells Fargo Center

Re: U.S. Bank STadium

Postby amiller92 » February 9th, 2017, 3:56 pm

Doubt the stupid double bollard is going anywhere, but one advantage of a permanent fence to me would hopefully be that it doesn't block the cycle track, as the temp ones often do.

I think I'd be fine with the fence on the south side, which they probably should have included it in the first place, and probably mostly on the east side too, where there's a big hill doing a lot of the work already. Don't know about the north side, but that might be fine too.

What I don't think is a good idea are fences on the plaza, even if they are removable. The goal should be for this to develop into something more than a giant sea of concrete and putting in fences, removable or not, seems like a hindrance to that.

John21
Rice Park

Re: U.S. Bank STadium

Postby John21 » February 9th, 2017, 5:14 pm

I love the shared cost part. Hopefully the Vikings are allowed to put up advertising on the fence in order to make back their extremely generous contribution to the construction.

EOst
Capella Tower

Re: U.S. Bank Stadium

Postby EOst » March 2nd, 2017, 9:19 am

Remember how many people here said the Audubon Society was just complaining for the sake of complaining?

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2017/ ... irds-glass

reeckman
Metrodome

Postby reeckman » March 2nd, 2017, 3:48 pm

So on average one bird hits the stadium every day, and sometimes it's not lethal. Not to sound insensitive, but growing up in an average 1970s house in the suburbs we had at least one bird every week or two hit our small living room window. What about them?

I live downtown and can't believe how many people intentionally feed the birds downtown. Why teach birds that live in "safer" areas that downtown is a food source when it's deadly for them to fly there? That drives me bonkers.

MSPtoMKE
Rice Park

Postby MSPtoMKE » March 2nd, 2017, 6:25 pm

Together, we can create a bird-free Downtown. This is OUR land, animals have no place here!
My flickr photos.

reeckman
Metrodome

Postby reeckman » March 3rd, 2017, 10:34 am

Nah, they should have used bird safe glass from the beginning, and all new construction should as much as possible. But as far as setting food out to attract birds (and other animals?) into downtown on purpose, that makes the situation worse not better. I realize this is a lame point, but people are really doing this.

amiller92
Wells Fargo Center

Postby amiller92 » March 3rd, 2017, 11:20 am

It's a study that confirms it's organizers pre-existing beliefs, and it uses transparent tactics to make the issue seem worse than it it - three year data instead of annual, comparison to other, smaller buildings, no reference to the size of the affected population.

A big glass building kills some birds. We knew that. They should add mitigating tech. We knew that too. This study doesn't add much except the headlines it was looking for.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SurlyLHT
Wells Fargo Center

Postby SurlyLHT » August 7th, 2017, 11:03 am

Does anyone know what exactly they're doing with the paneling on the stadium? Are they conducting some sort of long-term fix for the leaks or just a repair until they figure out where the engineers went wrong? They've taken off a significant amount of paneling at 3 places that I've noticed.

SurlyLHT
Wells Fargo Center

Postby SurlyLHT » August 23rd, 2017, 3:31 pm

F&C did an article on the repairs. It appears they are under warranty and that they're still trying to figure out a way to make the fastening system work properly. There is also speculation at the end that lawyers may be involved.

"The $1.1 billion stadium in downtown Minneapolis was completed more than a year ago, but it still looks like a construction zone in some spots. About 10 percent of the 1.75 million-square-foot stadium’s panels are being removed and reinstalled as part of an ongoing remediation, according to the MSFA and Golden Valley-based Mortenson Construction, the stadium’s construction manager."

http://finance-commerce.com/2017/08/mor ... um-panels/

SkyScraperKid

Postby SkyScraperKid » August 23rd, 2017, 5:29 pm

1.1 Billion dollars just is not enough to buy a working rough. I mean it's REALLY the governments fault for not giving them more money to actually build a good quality stadium.

moose
Block E

Postby moose » September 8th, 2017, 10:35 am

I have just come to say that I think the Super Bowl 52 2018 deserves its own thread! I'm very excited, this is a huge deal for the cities. I just hope that this influx of tourist for SB week spawns a renaissance here in TC, for cultural events like SB. I'm very proud of US Bank Stadium and the vikings for hosting. Imagine if the vikes went all the way to the big game! wow. :]

Anondson
IDS Center

Postby Anondson » September 8th, 2017, 12:01 pm

A separate thread for the game isn’t a bad idea since there will be surrounding sites with activity from the event.

SurlyLHT
Wells Fargo Center

Postby SurlyLHT » December 7th, 2017, 10:29 am

Does anyone know what is going on with the exterior of the Stadium? I remember we were first told September, but it's now December and the cladding is still off on the prow. It seems like there's a story we're not hearing with regard to this.

SurlyLHT
Wells Fargo Center

Postby SurlyLHT » December 29th, 2017, 8:44 am

This building has some issues. I was running there last night and noticed cracks in the concrete blocks in the bathroom which were repaired. (Mostly likely not a terribly big deal?) But, then as I grabbed my items by the stands I noticed water seeping up out of the concrete through the caulking on the upper concourse. I told a security supervisor nearby and he scratched his head and said they'll keep an eye on it.

Nathan
Capella Tower

Postby Nathan » January 29th, 2018, 9:18 pm

I can't remember where the conversion was happening but this is giving me lols.

Karlee Kanz (@KarleeKanz) Tweeted:
WHO DID THIS. #SuperbOwl https://t.co/BQVnyFTlVA https://twitter.com/KarleeKanz/status/9 ... 96897?s=17

mamundsen
Wells Fargo Center

Postby mamundsen » January 29th, 2018, 9:21 pm

WHO DID THIS. #SuperbOwl https://t.co/BQVnyFTlVA https://twitter.com/KarleeKanz/status/9 ... 96897?s=17
Any chance that's photoshopped?

Nathan
Capella Tower

Postby Nathan » January 29th, 2018, 9:23 pm

Any chance that's photoshopped?
There's always a chance, but there are 6 characters on each tram so it wouldn't be a hard sell, also it's on some news outlets.

BBMplsMN
Nicollet Mall

Postby BBMplsMN » January 29th, 2018, 10:04 pm

Yes, it's photoshopped. You can see the actual trams further down on that page.

MinnMonkey
Landmark Center

Postby MinnMonkey » January 30th, 2018, 5:26 pm

Any chance they will be keeping the semi transparent video board on the glass above the main entrance after the Super Bowl? I think it looks pretty sharp.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Qhaberl
Foshay Tower

Postby Qhaberl » January 30th, 2018, 8:09 pm

This building has some issues. I was running there last night and noticed cracks in the concrete blocks in the bathroom which were repaired. (Mostly likely not a terribly big deal?) But, then as I grabbed my items by the stands I noticed water seeping up out of the concrete through the caulking on the upper concourse. I told a security supervisor nearby and he scratched his head and said they'll keep an eye on it.

Can one walk around the inside of the stadium? Not right now because of the BiG Game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk