Upper Harbor Terminal

Northeast, Near North, Camden, Old St. Anthony, University and surrounding neighborhoods
kiliff75
Nicollet Mall

Re: Upper Harbor Terminal

Postby kiliff75 » August 16th, 2018, 8:30 pm

Reminds me of the giant cement grain elevator next to surly, seems pretty cool.

seanrichardryan
Capella Tower

Postby seanrichardryan » August 16th, 2018, 9:03 pm

These 1970s foam covered bubbles are not that interesting and in poor shape. The 'Port of Minneapolis' was a 1960s boondoggle that deserves to be stricken from the record.
Q. What, what? A. In da butt.

nBode
Union Depot

Postby nBode » August 16th, 2018, 9:10 pm

Yes let's erase history that sounds like a good idea.

seanrichardryan
Capella Tower

Postby seanrichardryan » August 16th, 2018, 9:42 pm

I have no emotional attachment to this terrible/ awful land-use. What's next, preserving the asphalt plant to the south?
Q. What, what? A. In da butt.

TroyGBiv
US Bank Plaza

Postby TroyGBiv » August 17th, 2018, 8:21 am

seanrichardryan wrote:
August 16th, 2018, 9:42 pm
I have no emotional attachment to this terrible/ awful land-use. What's next, preserving the asphalt plant to the south?
Asphalt is the 'terrazzo" of 70's.

hoffm83n
City Center

Postby hoffm83n » August 17th, 2018, 8:56 am

i wish they planned to preserve even more of the industrial stuff but this still looks great. repurposing industrial areas works incredibly well for music venues. see ferropolis, NDSM, half of Berlin.

gopherfan
Metrodome

Postby gopherfan » August 17th, 2018, 12:04 pm

The Levitt Pavilion SteelStacks in Bethlehem, PA should really be the precedent for this project! They did a really good job of letting the public get up close and personal with it. https://www.google.com/maps/place/Levit ... 75.3680992

BigIdeasGuy
Landmark Center

Postby BigIdeasGuy » August 19th, 2018, 7:10 pm

I'm trying to figure out how the people on the lawn section behind the suite tower building are going to see the stage. Presumably there is going to be some pitch to the lawn and the building doesn't appear to have a 40' high gap in it more like 20'-25'. I have a hard time figuring how the people at the middle to back of the lawn aren't just going to be looking right at the backside of the building. I also don't see any big screens in the rendering but that's something they could add easily.

BBMplsMN
Nicollet Mall

Postby BBMplsMN » August 19th, 2018, 8:56 pm

BigIdeasGuy wrote:
August 19th, 2018, 7:10 pm
I'm trying to figure out how the people on the lawn section behind the suite tower building are going to see the stage. Presumably there is going to be some pitch to the lawn and the building doesn't appear to have a 40' high gap in it more like 20'-25'. I have a hard time figuring how the people at the middle to back of the lawn aren't just going to be looking right at the backside of the building. I also don't see any big screens in the rendering but that's something they could add easily.
I'm wondering the same thing. Doesn't seem like you can see the stage from the lawn. However, there are two giant screens on the back of the structure (one on each side) in the rendering. So that looks like it's part of the plan. The structure seems to unnecessarily cut the space in half.

MNdible
is great.

Postby MNdible » August 20th, 2018, 8:35 am

If you look closely at the rendering, the first balcony that spans across the lawn doesn't happen until the third level (there's a balcony along the side at the second level). So I think the sightlines would probably be fine -- it would be comparable to sitting under the balcony at a theater.

Anondson
Capella Tower

Postby Anondson » March 1st, 2019, 2:32 pm

Return to “Minneapolis - North, Northeast, and Southeast / University of Minnesota”