Fishing in the Metro Area

Introductions - Urban Issues - Miscellaneous News, Topics, Interests
Korh
Union Depot

Fishing in the Metro Area

Postby Korh » August 22nd, 2018, 9:37 pm

I rarely get the chance to go fishing now since I can rarely find enough time to get outside of the metro area nowadays, so a few days ago when my Dad and Uncle invited me to go on a fishing trip out in western Minnesota over the weekend that was free for once, I accepted almost immediately. However this made me realize that I honestly have never looked in to what fishing inside the metro area is like.

I'm not sure if there's already a thread for this topic buried somewhere (hell I'm not sure if this topic is even worth a thread) but its been on my mind a little and I figure there's little harm in seeing if anyone else who's thought about this and whether or not they have any experience trying to fish in the cities.

mamundsen
Wells Fargo Center

Re: Fishing in the Metro Area

Postby mamundsen » August 24th, 2018, 1:54 pm

I know Forest Lake, White Bear Lake and Minnetonka see a lot of fishermen. Depends what you're looking for.

FISHMANPET
IDS Center

Postby FISHMANPET » August 24th, 2018, 2:07 pm

Don't people even fish in Bde Maka Ska? When I was a wee lad (25+ years ago) my dad and I would go ice fishing on, I think, White Bear Lake.

Silophant

Postby Silophant » August 24th, 2018, 2:40 pm

It's pretty common to see people fishing in the river between Hennepin and Broadway, and in the channel between Bde Maka Ska and Lake o' the Isles.
Joey Senkyr
[email protected]

grant1simons2
IDS Center

Postby grant1simons2 » August 24th, 2018, 2:58 pm

I saw some folks fly fishing in the Mississippi under the stone arch. And then in Edina there must be a good spot in Nine Mile Creek