Elan Uptown

Calhoun-Isles, Cedar-Riverside, Longfellow, Nokomis, Phillips, Powderhorn, and Southwest
cnelson
City Center

Re: Elan Uptown (all phases) - 2837 Emerson Ave

Postby cnelson » August 29th, 2018, 7:56 am

Anyone know what's going on with the Elan? The phase 1 building is now The Miles. New sign up on the Dupont side of the building though some of the Elan branding is still visible elsewhere. I don't think it's been sold, so is this just a rebranding to help visibility now that they're no longer the newest, shiniest place?

HiawathaGuy
Wells Fargo Center

Postby HiawathaGuy » August 29th, 2018, 10:09 am

Anyone know what's going on with the Elan? The phase 1 building is now The Miles. New sign up on the Dupont side of the building though some of the Elan branding is still visible elsewhere. I don't think it's been sold, so is this just a rebranding to help visibility now that they're no longer the newest, shiniest place?
We have friends who live in there and it's a rebranding of sorts. Even they don't fully understand it. New leases will only have access to the building they live in, while others still on old leases have access to all 3 buildings. It just seems bizarre and communication has not been very well done. I wondered if they were maybe looking to possibly try to start selling units as condos, but not sure.

rynet91
City Center

Postby rynet91 » October 9th, 2018, 12:37 pm

We have friends who live in there and it's a rebranding of sorts. Even they don't fully understand it. New leases will only have access to the building they live in, while others still on old leases have access to all 3 buildings. It just seems bizarre and communication has not been very well done. I wondered if they were maybe looking to possibly try to start selling units as condos, but not sure.
I moved out just as this change was announced but their goal is to sell "The Miles" as more millennial-hip and compete with apartments like Blue and Flux with parties and events. While the rest of Elan will be more or the less the way it is today / I would guess more "family" friendly since the number of young families with kids tripled in the two years I rented there.