Prudential/Target Credit Building - 3701 Wayzata Blvd

Calhoun-Isles, Cedar-Riverside, Longfellow, Nokomis, Phillips, Powderhorn, and Southwest
colink
City Center

Re: Prudential/Target Credit Building - 701 Wayzata Boulevar

Postby colink » March 23rd, 2018, 8:46 am

This is definitely in my top 5 favorite suburban buildings. An adaptive reuse of this area and that building would be amazing.
Agreed. Perhaps even in my top 5 of all buildings in the city!

HiawathaGuy
Wells Fargo Center

Re: Prudential/Target Credit Building - 701 Wayzata Boulevar

Postby HiawathaGuy » March 23rd, 2018, 10:13 am

This is definitely in my top 5 favorite suburban buildings. An adaptive reuse of this area and that building would be amazing.
The escalators moved flawlessly, like Dayton's downtown... I miss those beauties.

LakeCharles
Foshay Tower

Re: Prudential/Target Credit Building - 3701 Wayzata Blvd

Postby LakeCharles » March 23rd, 2018, 10:51 am

Hmm, I don't remember their movement, but I remember them being skinny. You couldn't pass someone on them.

Anondson
IDS Center

Postby Anondson » December 14th, 2018, 6:42 pm

Opus bought it to redevelop it for a medical device company, Tactile Medical.

https://www.bizjournals.com/twincities/ ... ctile.html

buzz
City Center

Postby buzz » December 15th, 2018, 7:34 pm

Great! A long time ago I worked in that building for a couple years when it was housing Target's credit card operations. I remember it being a nice view of downtown from the top floor, and also saw random deer roaming the grounds.

MNdible
is great.

Postby MNdible » December 17th, 2018, 10:15 am

From the article:
Cattanach said Opus will preserve the 1950s feel of the building.

“We are trying to embrace and retain a lot of the original materials that are in the space,” he said. “A lot of the original finished are timeless, like the 1950s era marble wall coverings and terrazzo flooring. Those will be kept throughout.”
That's reassuring. If you've been inside the building, you know it's a remarkably intact mid-century stunner.

twincitizen

Postby twincitizen » December 17th, 2018, 12:06 pm

Safe to assume Opus is not planning any additional development on a portion of the parking lot at this time?

It would seem a no brainer to put an apartment building on the south end of the site. Here's what the property lines look like: https://gis.hennepin.us/property/map/de ... 2924320004 There a lot of room. Any development could always include additional parking spots for office use, if even necessary. While on one hand this seems an odd location for an apartment building, SLP and GV are having no problem with luxury rentals filling up just 3/4-mile to the west. Everyone out here is driving anyways, I don't think anyone who's cool with living in this general area is going to be like "Nah, too far from West End". In theory, bikeable to the Bryn Mawr LRT stop (1.25 miles on the frontage road).

As far as opposition, you would have the shoreland overlay height limit to deal with, since the site is so close to Brownie and Cedar Lake. Single family residents to the west would whine, but they're in Golden Valley and I don't think even Lisa Goodman would give a rip about what non-constituents have to say

P.S. France Ave should be extended down through this site and Cedar Lake Road should be extended through the JCC property to connect at the border of Mpls/GV/SLP

Anondson
IDS Center

Postby Anondson » March 27th, 2019, 9:44 am

Opus has lured Regis to move their HQ here.

https://www.bizjournals.com/twincities/ ... arget.html

twincitizen

Postby twincitizen » August 23rd, 2019, 8:15 am

F&C story with photos of the completed renovation: https://finance-commerce.com/2019/08/op ... ong-i-394/ [unlocked]
The 3701 Wayzata campus has room for additional development, if Opus chooses. The most likely building site on the property is on a big surface parking lot, which constitutes the majority of 1,200 parking stalls for the building. Opus does not have plans to expand, but isn’t ruling that out, either.

“We are developers and we have looked at, on a preliminary basis, how to densify the site,” [Opus VP] said.