Ceresota Building Apartments (155 5th Ave S)

Downtown - North Loop - Mill District - Elliot Park - Loring Park
seanrichardryan
IDS Center

Re: Ceresota Building Apartments (155 5th Ave S)

Postby seanrichardryan » April 13th, 2015, 5:11 pm

There's a mirrored light-well folks.
Q. What, what? A. In da butt.

Archiapolis
US Bank Plaza

Postby Archiapolis » April 17th, 2015, 12:06 pm

I don't understand this project. How is a building that is essentially without windows being converted into housing?

Wedgeguy
Capella Tower

Postby Wedgeguy » April 17th, 2015, 1:46 pm

The apartments will all be lined on the north wall of the mill or in the head house at the top where there are windows. There are windows on the north side, that look out to the Old Standard Mill, (The Whitney). The south side is historically protected due to the mural that faces 2nd Street. On the inside of that wall there is a bank of mirrors that reflect light from skylights that are in the roof on the south side of the head house. The reflection on the mirrors of the light coming into the skylight fills the space with light.

eastharrietguy
City Center

Postby eastharrietguy » April 18th, 2015, 1:15 am

A co-worker of mine went into this building this week and said the first floor seem really dark despite the mirrored wall and skylights (and it was a sunny day). Also, there does not seem to by much work going on and no place to get information on the new assisted living housing. Sounds like they might have run into some trouble. Can anyone else comment? We are working on the senior building by Ecumen across the street so consider this project a potential competitor, if they can pull it off well.

Wedgeguy
Capella Tower

Postby Wedgeguy » September 22nd, 2015, 8:05 pm

Walk by the building today and looked into the lobby and saw paper covering the floors so they are still working on construction/ or maybe idol. This is past it's one year mark so something has to be out there for information. They or the city poured new sidewalk in front of the building which fronts 2nd. Made areas for planting trees also!

min-chi-cbus
Capella Tower

Postby min-chi-cbus » February 2nd, 2016, 11:42 pm

Does anyone know if this thing is still under construction or stalled?

tab
Metrodome

Postby tab » February 3rd, 2016, 1:11 pm

Still stalled, as nearly as I can tell from walking past it frequently.

mattaudio
Stone Arch Bridge

Postby mattaudio » July 5th, 2019, 7:15 am

Did this project ever finish?

Every time I walk by that blank wall on 2nd St, I think they should be allowed to put some windows into the lower part of that wall below the Ceresota sign and maybe an awning facing the sidewalk. Activate this wall: https://goo.gl/maps/yzUpaQjQWEtvAnRt9
IMO this could be a good spot for storefronts on 2nd.

tab
Metrodome

Postby tab » July 5th, 2019, 1:02 pm

They have started leasing, but I don't know how many residents are in the building is at this point.

at40man
Rice Park

Postby at40man » July 7th, 2019, 10:53 pm

Did this project ever finish?

Every time I walk by that blank wall on 2nd St, I think they should be allowed to put some windows into the lower part of that wall below the Ceresota sign and maybe an awning facing the sidewalk. Activate this wall: https://goo.gl/maps/yzUpaQjQWEtvAnRt9
IMO this could be a good spot for storefronts on 2nd.
I could perhaps see windows being added, but not storefronts. There is an indoor light court behind the wall, and most of the residences in there face it. At the ground level of the light court is common space for building residents.