Work from home and road congestion

Roads - Rails - Sidewalks - Bikeways
Mdcastle
Wells Fargo Center

Re: Work from home and road congestion

Postby Mdcastle » March 19th, 2020, 7:55 pm

As a data point back when I worked in the office I would turn the thermostat down a couple of degrees when I was gone in the winter. I wouldn't turn it up in the summer because it was already fairly high (77-78) and I was worried about how much heat my furry friends could take. Now that I've worked from home for 10 years I've thought about pulling out the fancy thermostat and replacing it with an old fashioned one because I never use the programming feature but have to change the clock twice a year and occasionally change batteries.

Vagueperson
Union Depot

Postby Vagueperson » March 20th, 2020, 6:31 pm

advocate for the elimination of DST or ST instead!
https://www.sco.tt/time/

niaxilin
City Center

Postby niaxilin » March 21st, 2020, 4:33 am

advocate for the elimination of DST or ST instead!
Agreed! For the EU, 2021 will be the final switch. Everyone switches to DST in the spring of '21. Then each country either chooses to stay there forever, or to go back to ST in the fall. And that's that!

bubzki2
Foshay Tower

Postby bubzki2 » March 23rd, 2020, 7:34 am

Cat349F
Nicollet Mall

Postby Cat349F » March 23rd, 2020, 8:53 am

For those living in apartments or still working in an building with elevators, how are you handling that aspect? Is the elevator disinfected regularly? How do you handle crowded stairwells?

I moved my oldest daughter home from college yesterday. Two trips required use of the elevator. (heavy items) I just waited for the elevator to be empty, and was wearing gloves.
Unsustainable fossil burning fool.

r2b2
Block E

Postby r2b2 » March 23rd, 2020, 10:14 am

I live in a large apartment building, and use the tip of a key to press the elevator button and to open the entry doors as well (to press the handicap automatic door opener). Our building has also closed off most of the amenities (like the pool and gym) so cleaning staff can focus on regularly disinfecting the elevators and other high-use spaces.

Zkools20
Block E

Postby Zkools20 » March 23rd, 2020, 11:18 am

I live on the 10th floor of a 20 story and if I need to leave I use the stairs. The two times I used the elevator was to carry groceries up and I just used a Kleenex or a plastic bag to push buttons and wash my hands after

Korh
Union Depot

Postby Korh » March 23rd, 2020, 12:10 pm

You know I wonder if construction on some project might speed up a little given the low traffic levels making it easier to do more extensive work.

QuietBlue
Target Field

Postby QuietBlue » March 23rd, 2020, 2:47 pm

I'm in an apartment, but on the ground floor, so I only use the elevator if I am bringing up a lot of stuff from my car in the garage. Management is doing extra cleaning and have closed off the amenities. That said, we have a secured package room that everyone uses, so that's probably the weakest link right now (though it is possible to unlock it by scanning a QR code on a phone).