D Line - Chicago-Fremont/Emerson Rapid Bus

Roads - Rails - Sidewalks - Bikeways
Qhaberl
Foshay Tower

Re: D Line - Chicago-Fremont/Emerson Rapid Bus

Postby Qhaberl » May 16th, 2023, 9:29 am

Have they kept any of the local five routes going down Chicago so that a person with a disability wouldn't have to walk three blocks to get to the bus stop? Just curious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes, the route 5 runs from Brooklyn Center Transit Center to Chicago & 56th St Station. When the Osseo Rd Construction is done, and the new Osseo & 47th Ave Station is open, the 5 will end there instead. It currently runs once an hour, the hope is to bump up to 30 min frequency once more operators are hired.
That's excellent! As a person with a disability, I am always concerned when they make the BRT systems that they won't keep some form of local service on the route. Totally understand the driver shortage. They definitely need to increase the frequency to once every 30 minutes.

Trademark
US Bank Plaza

Postby Trademark » May 16th, 2023, 10:58 am

Have they kept any of the local five routes going down Chicago so that a person with a disability wouldn't have to walk three blocks to get to the bus stop? Just curious.

Yes, the route 5 runs from Brooklyn Center Transit Center to Chicago & 56th St Station. When the Osseo Rd Construction is done, and the new Osseo & 47th Ave Station is open, the 5 will end there instead. It currently runs once an hour, the hope is to bump up to 30 min frequency once more operators are hired.
They need to make it a policy for the 5 to not pass the D Line, and to let the D Line pass it. It has happened at least 3-4 times where the 5 passes the D Line when it's two lanes and then it just sits behind it from Brooklyn Blvd to Downtown due to it's stopping at more blocks, and there's no room to pass it. There's no point in it being a rapid bus if you get stuck behind the local bus.

daveybabymsp
Nicollet Mall

Postby daveybabymsp » May 16th, 2023, 12:53 pm

They need to make it a policy for the 5 to not pass the D Line, and to let the D Line pass it. It has happened at least 3-4 times where the 5 passes the D Line when it's two lanes and then it just sits behind it from Brooklyn Blvd to Downtown due to it's stopping at more blocks, and there's no room to pass it. There's no point in it being a rapid bus if you get stuck behind the local bus.
If this annoys you wait until the F line opens on Nicollet Mall

Silophant

Postby Silophant » May 16th, 2023, 1:03 pm

Endlessly frustrating that they're not looking at running the F Line to the existing BRT stations on Marq2.
Joey Senkyr
[email protected]

MNdible
is great.

Postby MNdible » May 16th, 2023, 4:01 pm

It's a natural result of designing a road such that nothing can move faster than the slowest bus using it.

Trademark
US Bank Plaza

Postby Trademark » May 16th, 2023, 4:14 pm

If this annoys you wait until the F line opens on Nicollet Mall

That's a short segment though. So even though it will be annoying sometimes, it won't be too bad especially since the buses all stop at the same stations. Versus the D Line which you really can't pass anywhere the 5 runs except Brooklyn Blvd, and downtown unless the vehicle intentionally pulls over.