Bicycle Infrastructure

Roads - Rails - Sidewalks - Bikeways
Korh
Rice Park

Re: Bicycle Infrastructure

Postby Korh » February 8th, 2024, 6:26 pm

Does anyone have any video's of the old trails around the metro? I found some old video's of the Cedar Lake Regional Trail before construction for SWLRT started 5-6 years ago and got an unintended wave of nostalgia and I swear there used to be another gravel travel besides the Luce Line, Minnetonka, and River bluffs because I have a core memory of riding in a buggy on one the felt like towards the city.

Anondson
IDS Center

Postby Anondson » April 22nd, 2024, 8:08 am

Working remote means I rarely visit downtown. I take in a Shakespeare play at the Guthrie once a year. Since last year I noticed 2nd St has had a two-way curb separated bike lane added.

I kinda wish it was on the north side instead of the south. But it’s a really nice upgrade from paint and tickle stick lanes.

Are more downtown streets getting the curb separating lanes soon?

Silophant

Postby Silophant » April 22nd, 2024, 9:40 am

11th Ave S is getting resurfaced from West River Parkway to 8th St this year. I'd like to imagine that that would include completing the protection south of Washington, but I haven't seen any confirmation of that, and I don't really trust the current Public Works leadership.

9th and 10th Streets are also supposed to be getting protected bike lanes of some sort in 2026 or so, last I heard.
Joey Senkyr
[email protected]

Wezle
Block E

Postby Wezle » April 22nd, 2024, 10:16 am

Park and Portland are also getting repaved this summer between Washington Ave and E 17th St. Going to go from 3 lanes -> 2 narrowed lanes with added buffer space between traffic and bike lanes. Not sure if that'll be curb protected or just paint bike lanes though.