Loring Vue Apartments - (415 Oak Grove Street)

Downtown - North Loop - Mill District - Elliot Park - Loring Park
minneapolisguy
Nicollet Mall

Loring Vue Apartments - (415 Oak Grove Street)

Postby minneapolisguy » June 1st, 2012, 5:12 pm

Posting some images from the old forum here

minneapolisguy
Nicollet Mall

Re: Loring Vue Apartments

Postby minneapolisguy » June 2nd, 2012, 7:40 am

Here is a photo from today showing some of the unit construction - this is what is the second floor of the living space I believe - two floors of parking and two flood of living space so far -

minneapolisguy
Nicollet Mall

Postby minneapolisguy » June 2nd, 2012, 11:38 am

A few images from this morning

John
Capella Tower

Postby John » June 2nd, 2012, 11:54 am

Nice to see this decades long vacant parking lot/weed garden finally have something built on it! 8-)

minneapolisguy
Nicollet Mall

Postby minneapolisguy » June 2nd, 2012, 11:59 am

Agree totally - that parking lot was an eyesore - I think this is going to really be a nice looking building when done that breathes some 'life' into this corner with people, lights glowing in windows, etc.

minneapolisguy
Nicollet Mall

Postby minneapolisguy » June 6th, 2012, 6:02 pm

A quick photo update - the 2nd floor on the east side of the building is coming along well. This is the ceiling of the 2nd floor/floor of the 3rd level shown here.

Lancestar2

Postby Lancestar2 » June 10th, 2012, 1:37 pm

I came across this rendering I never seen before! thought I would post incase sombody else may not have seen it either! Also Ill post the other rendering most of us saw only cause it hasn't been posted yet on this site.

..not a big fan of the orange things but I guess I have to wait to see what it looks like. (Reminds me of the Mills Fleet Farm Silo haha)

http://www.mollycameron.com/wp-content/ ... etfarm.jpg

4-d
Metrodome

Postby 4-d » June 29th, 2012, 11:54 am

Whoa! I have never seen that rending before either! I think the height is going to be just right and the texture created on the side of the building will help keep it from becoming a monotonous graffiti zone. Does anyone know if they are building the 3rd floor yet?

Also, I agree, I am looking forward to seeing what that orange stuff looks like in real life. Hopefully, it is quality and not something cheap. If it is cheap, I like a better use of space could be a trellis or something up which ivy can grow.
^ 4-d

Nathan
Capella Tower

Postby Nathan » June 29th, 2012, 11:59 am

Are we sure it's not copper?

4-d
Metrodome

Postby 4-d » June 29th, 2012, 12:04 pm

I am pretty sure that we have no idea what it is... but copper would be good with me.
^ 4-d

minneapolisguy
Nicollet Mall

Postby minneapolisguy » June 29th, 2012, 12:58 pm

The third floor is basically complete on the east side of the building - they have a few of the walls of the fourth floor starting to go up now.

The west side of the building is trailing the east side a bit - I'll put some photos up this weekend.

minneapolisguy
Nicollet Mall

Postby minneapolisguy » June 30th, 2012, 8:32 am

Here is a photo from this morning (June 30) showing the progress of construction - the third floor of living space is done on the east side of the building. There are two levels of parking below the first floor.

mplser
US Bank Plaza

Postby mplser » June 30th, 2012, 7:40 pm

It's so weird to see it like this and think that that spot right there between those walls will be someones living room in a year or so.

tabletop
Nicollet Mall

Postby tabletop » July 1st, 2012, 6:01 am

Looking through the windows in that last photo, you'd get a pretty good view of some good car accidents from people sliding down that hill in the winter.

minneapolisguy
Nicollet Mall

Postby minneapolisguy » July 1st, 2012, 7:01 am

A correction to my earlier post - they are actually completed with 4 floors on the east side of the building - when I'm looking at it from the rear of the building it is hard to tell given how the property slopes so much.

FRONT OF BUILDING ALONG OAK GROVE - personally I'd rather have one huge front window instead of one medium one and one small window right next to it.

HARD TO TELL IN THIS IMAGES - but the corner of the building is slightly angled - right about the EYEWEAR sign, which I think will be the main entrance on the corner.

MNdible
is great.

Postby MNdible » July 1st, 2012, 8:30 pm

I'd wager you $100 that the "small windows" you're seeing are actually the locations of future "magic packs" -- vents for heating and ventilation units. The sure sign of high quality construction...

minneapolisguy
Nicollet Mall

Postby minneapolisguy » July 1st, 2012, 9:01 pm

Oh right you are - didn't even think about that -

Andrew_F
Rice Park

Postby Andrew_F » July 2nd, 2012, 1:21 am

I'd wager you $100 that the "small windows" you're seeing are actually the locations of future "magic packs" -- vents for heating and ventilation units. The sure sign of high quality construction...
Ughhh. I saw a couple buildings recently that actually did a good job of incorporating them-- they had inset balconies, and the magic pack vents faced the balcony space at a 90-degree angle to the street. Much less visible.

minneapolisguy
Nicollet Mall

Postby minneapolisguy » July 2nd, 2012, 4:30 am

The more I look at that photo though - it appears there is glass already in place in that smaller window - why would that be if they are going to install that a/c unit??

mulad

Postby mulad » July 2nd, 2012, 6:23 am

The thin vertical openings with glass already in them are clearly windows -- I think minneapolisguy's comment about the second photo has been interpreted as talking about the third photo. They're talking about the smaller openings positioned halfway up the wall.