DTE: Wells Fargo, Radisson Red, Edition Apts & Millwright Building

Downtown - North Loop - Mill District - Elliot Park - Loring Park
uptowncarag

Re: Downtown East Project (Ryan Companies / Wells Fargo)

Postby uptowncarag » March 27th, 2014, 7:13 pm

Did I read the article right? They said they don't have "definitive plans" for the two parcels north of the Wells Fargo buildings. That was originally going to be housing in phase II.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are these on Washington or is there a block in between? It would be nice to have some retail in this part of town.

Silophant

Postby Silophant » March 27th, 2014, 7:29 pm

I believe the WF towers only take up the southern 2/3rds of their blocks, and the mentioned parcels are the northern parts of those blocks. If that's the case, then they face 3rd St.
Joey Senkyr
[email protected]

gpete
Union Depot

Postby gpete » March 28th, 2014, 6:34 am

That's right. These parcels are on the same block as the Wells Fargo buildings, facing 3rd st.

Unity77
Landmark Center

Postby Unity77 » March 28th, 2014, 9:07 am

Does anyone know when the Wells Fargo project is scheduled to break ground? Also, I remember reading that Wells Fargo might relocate some jobs to Minneapolis from Charlotte. Does anyone know anything about this?

HiawathaGuy
Wells Fargo Center

Postby HiawathaGuy » March 28th, 2014, 9:28 am

Does anyone know when the Wells Fargo project is scheduled to break ground?
Great site for all things Downtown East: http://ryancompanies.com/projects/downtown-east/pager/

Blurb from this Strib article: http://www.startribune.com/business/245001751.html"

"Since Ryan announced the plan last May, it has been fraught with delays related to various challenges, in the courts and elsewhere. A May groundbreaking is now planned, with the project slated for completion by mid-2016."

Unity77
Landmark Center

Postby Unity77 » March 28th, 2014, 9:54 am

Does anyone know when the Wells Fargo project is scheduled to break ground?
Great site for all things Downtown East: http://ryancompanies.com/projects/downtown-east/pager/

Blurb from this Strib article: http://www.startribune.com/business/245001751.html"

"Since Ryan announced the plan last May, it has been fraught with delays related to various challenges, in the courts and elsewhere. A May groundbreaking is now planned, with the project slated for completion by mid-2016."
Thank you HiawathaGuy.

nordeast homer
US Bank Plaza

Postby nordeast homer » March 28th, 2014, 10:12 am

That's exciting, I was worried the groundbreaking would not be until later. I know there are many peices to the puzzle, but that seems like a really long construction timeline for buildings of that stature.

mplser
US Bank Plaza

Postby mplser » March 28th, 2014, 10:34 am

My birthday is in May! What a great present!

mnmike
Wells Fargo Center

Postby mnmike » March 28th, 2014, 12:17 pm

Still confused as to what the height is...all the renderings and plans we have seen seem to show 19 floors with a mechanical floor above...and that seemed to be what was originally stated. Now it seems to be 17, even on Ryan's site. Not that 2 floors really matter all that much, but the renderings haven't changed, so I am just wondering if the final product will look different than the 19-20 story renderings we are seeing. I wouldn't want to see the two "tower" portions of the project get closer in height to the lower parts. That height differential (little as it is) is what really breaks up the mass of these big rectangles. I am just being nitpicky.

Wedgeguy
Capella Tower

Postby Wedgeguy » March 28th, 2014, 1:14 pm

Looking at that first map, and all I can say is that will be one skinny building if part of it does not hang over the part of the parking ramp.

Ground floor thru 10 will be hotel, Radisson Red. 11-27 will be the apartment portion of the tower. The total structure is 27 stories plus any mechanical penthouse. I will be a tower, just not a tall tower. But with that skinny silhouette, the perception will make it seem taller than it really is.

HiawathaGuy
Wells Fargo Center

Postby HiawathaGuy » March 28th, 2014, 1:30 pm

Looking at that first map, and all I can say is that will be one skinny building if part of it does not hang over the part of the parking ramp.

Ground floor thru 10 will be hotel, Radisson Red. 11-27 will be the apartment portion of the tower. The total structure is 27 stories plus any mechanical penthouse. I will be a tower, just not a tall tower. But with that skinny silhouette, the perception will make it seem taller than it really is.
You're discussing a different thread topic, FYI.

MS3

Postby MS3 » March 28th, 2014, 1:50 pm

Information I got just recently from a Ryan super is the Wells Fargo towers will be 17 stories at approximately 260 feet. The hotel/apt tower on top of the parking ramp (which is 7 stories) will be an additional 17 totaling 24 stories at approximately 250 feet. The ramp is being designed to hold 17 stories. According to him, the stadium will be the tallest structure of the three. There was an original proposal of 35 stories for the hotel/apt tower but that was shot down way long ago.

m b p
Nicollet Mall

Postby m b p » March 28th, 2014, 2:06 pm

Information I got just recently from a Ryan super is the Wells Fargo towers will be 17 stories at approximately 260 feet. The hotel/apt tower on top of the parking ramp (which is 7 stories) will be an additional 17 totaling 24 stories at approximately 250 feet. The ramp is being designed to hold 17 stories. According to him, the stadium will be the tallest structure of the three. There was an original proposal of 35 stories for the hotel/apt tower but that was shot down way long ago.
Booo. I feel like someone just told me my dog died.

;) thanks for the info

aeisenberg
Landmark Center

Postby aeisenberg » March 28th, 2014, 2:41 pm

Booo. I feel like someone just told me my dog died.

;) thanks for the info
Don't be too bummed. It'll make a huge impact on the skyline from a lot of angles. We're getting four 250+ feet tall structures in DTE (the new stadium will be 272', about 80 feet taller than the Metrodome was).
Aaron Eisenberg / Realtor, Keller Williams Integrity
612.568.5828 / [email protected] / 1350 Lagoon Ave #900
http://www.agentaaron.com

mnmike
Wells Fargo Center

Postby mnmike » March 28th, 2014, 3:10 pm

ugh, The main reason that is annoying to me is I am sure they will just take the height off of the book end tower portions, basically leaving us with 2 big rectangles.

Nick
Capella Tower

Postby Nick » March 29th, 2014, 6:13 pm

Nick Magrino
[email protected]

lordmoke
Wells Fargo Center

Postby lordmoke » April 1st, 2014, 12:54 pm

For once, something is on time to the day. The blocks that will be home to the towers appear closed and site prep on them begun, visible from the "Aerial" view on the Vikings stadium cam.

AccordGuy
Metrodome

Postby AccordGuy » April 1st, 2014, 6:43 pm

Looks like fencing, and equipment have been moved on site to get this project started. Nice to see.
Born in Minneapolis.

Silophant

Postby Silophant » April 2nd, 2014, 6:37 am

Couldn't grab a picture, but an excavator was starting to rip up the asphalt in the lot between 3rd and 4th as I bussed by this morning.
Joey Senkyr
[email protected]

lordmoke
Wells Fargo Center

Postby lordmoke » April 3rd, 2014, 2:38 pm

Star Tribune moving to Capella Tower complex's Park Building, which will be renamed Star Tribune Building:
http://www.startribune.com/local/west/2 ... ign=buffer