Alia Tower - 200 Central - 483' / 40 Stories

Northeast, Near North, Camden, Old St. Anthony, University and surrounding neighborhoods
EOst
Capella Tower

Re: Alatus St. Anthony Tower (Washburn-McReavy Site)

Postby EOst » July 30th, 2014, 4:03 pm

They're both General Mills.

bapster2006
Foshay Tower

Postby bapster2006 » July 30th, 2014, 9:26 pm

m b p
Nicollet Mall

Postby m b p » July 31st, 2014, 7:00 am

updated model:

Alatus - St. Anthony Main Tower

Until details are released, this will have to do. However, I think it's pretty accurate. From this picture,
(released earlier), we can see the size ratios of all buildings on the block... including the existing parking ramp. I scaled that picture to the exact size of the existing ramp and ended up with a tower with the dimensions of 95 by 121 ft. Tower is 456 ft tall.
Last edited by m b p on August 25th, 2014, 4:41 pm, edited 3 times in total.

MplsSteve
Nicollet Mall

Postby MplsSteve » July 31st, 2014, 7:26 am

It would be interesting to know what changes they plan to make to the ramp. Will there still be public parking? How will they separate/secure the resident parking from the rest of the ramp? Will it be enclosed or climate controlled? It's a pretty upscale proposal, and yet the parking provisions don't seem to match the same standard.

HiawathaGuy
Wells Fargo Center

Postby HiawathaGuy » July 31st, 2014, 8:47 am

Tower is 456 ft tall.
So smack between the AT&T Building and the Accenture Tower, very nice!
http://skyscraperpage.com/diagrams/?cityID=255

cocotufi
Block E

Postby cocotufi » July 31st, 2014, 10:41 am

Towers are great. Look at Gehry's tower at 8 Spruce Street in NYC

stp1980
Metrodome

Postby stp1980 » August 5th, 2014, 8:26 am

I don't think anyone posted this link yet
http://tcbmag.com/News/Recent-News/2014 ... inneapolis

John
Capella Tower

Postby John » August 5th, 2014, 11:50 am

^ It will be interesting to see whether they proceed with a condominium project versus rental for this site. I suspect Alatus will take the plunge if their market study signals favorable conditions for the condo market. They're a little more gutsy and bold compared to many developers in this town. When I look at SSC, there has been a national trend towards more condo development in downtowns of large cities in the US on both coasts. The Twin Cities is usually just a little behind them and I can't imagine we don't have pent up demand given our growing economy.

twincitizen

Postby twincitizen » August 5th, 2014, 12:02 pm

I'm no housing trends expert, but it would seem that out of the few thousand new affluent renters downtown, at least a small percentage of them would like to become owners after "testing the waters" of living downtown, so to speak. Whether it takes several years for that demand to build up (as many of the new luxury rentals have just opened to residents), I have no idea. Based on the performance of Shamrock's Stonebridge alone, there certainly does seem to be a market for a few hundred new condos.

Viktor Vaughn
Target Field

Postby Viktor Vaughn » August 5th, 2014, 12:47 pm

I was thinking the same thing tc. Even if someone moved into LPM now or Nic on Fifth once it's open, they could still be done with their lease by the time these places open. It just seems to make sense for someone who's lived in the suburbs all their life to rent for a little while before they make the pludge and purchase a downtown condo.

kregger22

Postby kregger22 » August 5th, 2014, 2:18 pm

I'm not sure why something like the Four Seasons Hotel & Private Residences in Denver hasn't been done in Mpls yet or given much consideration. Having stayed here for business often, it seems like a winning combination for hotel guests and incredible ammenities for condo owners all wrapped up in a beautiful tower.

http://ih.constantcontact.com/fs087/110 ... 0570406042

kregger22

Postby kregger22 » August 5th, 2014, 2:20 pm

^^^^Thought being if the consideration is condos or apartments, this site might also work for this type of project.

mplsjaromir
Wells Fargo Center

Postby mplsjaromir » August 5th, 2014, 2:28 pm

A Hotel/Condo building concept is on display at Hotel Ivy

Nathan
Capella Tower

Postby Nathan » August 5th, 2014, 3:14 pm

A Hotel/Condo building concept is on display at Hotel Ivy
You mean hotel ivy is that concept, or they are displaying a concept for the Washburn McReavy Site at the Ivy?

mplsjaromir
Wells Fargo Center

Postby mplsjaromir » August 5th, 2014, 3:28 pm

They have residences at Hotel Ivy. A concept similar to the Four Seasons in Denver.

http://www.theivyminneapolis.com/index.html

cocotufi
Block E

Postby cocotufi » August 6th, 2014, 9:09 am

I'm not sure why something like the Four Seasons Hotel & Private Residences in Denver hasn't been done in Mpls yet or given much consideration. Having stayed here for business often, it seems like a winning combination for hotel guests and incredible ammenities for condo owners all wrapped up in a beautiful tower.

http://ih.constantcontact.com/fs087/110 ... 0570406042
I think you would need skyway access to have a successful Four Seasons Hotel/private Residence work.
The idea is great, but you have to have it workable for hotel guests.

mnmike
Wells Fargo Center

Postby mnmike » August 6th, 2014, 9:14 am

Yes, that is the same concept as the Ivy pretty much...and also the Westin at the Galleria.

kregger22

Postby kregger22 » August 6th, 2014, 11:44 am

I forgot about the Westin in Edina (which has done terrific), but did not know that about the Ivy. It probably would need a skyway. A big, luxury name like the Four Seasons, may work well in our metro.

Wedgeguy
Capella Tower

Postby Wedgeguy » August 6th, 2014, 12:42 pm

For those not sure, there is a skyway to the Ivy. IF your stating this for the Four Season, please be more specific as you make it sound like they both need skyway connection when one already has one.

Michael
City Center

Postby Michael » August 9th, 2014, 3:42 pm

I'm no housing trends expert, but it would seem that out of the few thousand new affluent renters downtown, at least a small percentage of them would like to become owners after "testing the waters" of living downtown, so to speak.
I would probably fall into your demographic... My wife and I moved into the Soo Line on opening weekend after emptying the nest and living on a large property in Indiana. We absolutely chose the location to "test the waters" and see if this was a lifestyle we wanted to run with for while. We just re-upped for another 12 months (and only 12 months) because while we are loving being in the heart of Minneapolis, I am looking to keep my options open with all the new development going in.

And, yes, we could afford a Condo if the right one were to be built....

So while I don't know how many of us are out there, yes, I would say that there at least a few...