Green Line LRT

Roads - Rails - Sidewalks - Bikeways
MinnMonkey
Landmark Center

Re: Green Line (Central Corridor LRT)

Postby MinnMonkey » November 18th, 2014, 8:25 pm

I would be interested to see a figure of how many of these rides are 'intra-campus' rides -- rides from the west bank to the east bank, etc. I'd argue that these rides aren't nearly as important as other trips, and may be inflating the ridership numbers.
I do see quite a few people getting on at Stadium Village and getting off on East or West Bank, but not many people traveling between East and West Bank only.

kiliff75
Nicollet Mall

Postby kiliff75 » November 25th, 2014, 3:52 pm

I'm pretty sure a westbound train just changed the light at Raymond...the lights turned red on university, then the left turn arrows went to green for about 5 seconds, then the lights turned green on university as the train approached. Is this considered a "low traffic" intersection or is this St. Paul allowing control for intersections with heavier traffic?

LRV Op Dude
Union Depot

Postby LRV Op Dude » November 25th, 2014, 5:25 pm

I'm pretty sure a westbound train just changed the light at Raymond...the lights turned red on university, then the left turn arrows went to green for about 5 seconds, then the lights turned green on university as the train approached. Is this considered a "low traffic" intersection or is this St. Paul allowing control for intersections with heavier traffic?
Yeah, I have experienced that the last few days. Fairview is holding a permissive signal also.
Blog: Old-Twin Cities Transit New-Twin Cities Transit

You Tube: Old, New

AKA: Bus Driver Dude

VAStationDude
US Bank Plaza

Postby VAStationDude » November 26th, 2014, 5:31 pm

Rode from downtown Saint Paul to Minneapolis this afternoon. The only hang ups were Prior, Cleveland, Vandalia and the downtown east mess. It seemed like we were pausing along university to keep from getting ahead of schedule. Maybe mt could shave a minute off the schedule between Robert and Rice?

mattaudio
Stone Arch Bridge

Postby mattaudio » November 27th, 2014, 8:33 am

I haven't been on the Green Line in months... are the trains still stopping at the 280 interchange, or do they get signal priority on those lights?

Let's say they do, and it ends up causing "traffic problems" which ends up squashing "economic development" -- we can always get millions of dollars from DEED to build the world's second diverging diamond interchange with a center LRT line (after 34th Ave at 494) and then we can make the LRT stop at the interchange. For economic growth!

VAStationDude
US Bank Plaza

Postby VAStationDude » November 27th, 2014, 12:43 pm

The train I was in yesterday went through with no problem. Why trains don't get priority at prior and Cleveland is puzzling. Both are fairly low traffic with pretty minimal pedestrian use.

ProspectPete
Union Depot

Postby ProspectPete » November 27th, 2014, 1:16 pm

Raymond is pretty low volume. And franklin only has a left turn lane which crosses the track. Drives me nuts when it has to stop at franklin.

LRV Op Dude
Union Depot

Postby LRV Op Dude » November 27th, 2014, 3:23 pm

Raymond is pretty low volume. And franklin only has a left turn lane which crosses the track. Drives me nuts when it has to stop at franklin.
I have seen Franklin pop back to a permissive bar signal when approaching the crossing.

downfall
City Center

Postby downfall » December 12th, 2014, 6:13 pm

The sound appears to have been disabled for the crossing signals at Target Field Station. A little surprised Metro Transit made this improvement.

xandrex
Wells Fargo Center

Postby xandrex » December 12th, 2014, 7:22 pm

I noticed that today too. I haven't ridden the light rail in a long time, but needed to get from the Government Plaza area to the North Loop. I noticed it was pretty quiet. Trains still ring their bells, but it's much less annoying!

HuskyGrad
Union Depot

Postby HuskyGrad » December 12th, 2014, 7:41 pm

I'm rather surprised they are still using both platforms at Target Field. Why did we build another station again?

Silophant

Postby Silophant » December 12th, 2014, 8:10 pm

I'm rather surprised they are still using both platforms at Target Field. Why did we build another station again?
100 feet closer to the North Loop. Totes worth it.
Joey Senkyr
[email protected]

EOst
Capella Tower

Postby EOst » December 12th, 2014, 8:22 pm

To load multiple trains at the same time when the SW and Bottineau are built and more commuter lines come in.

HuskyGrad
Union Depot

Postby HuskyGrad » December 12th, 2014, 10:10 pm

To load multiple trains at the same time when the SW and Bottineau are built and more commuter lines come in.
I was under the impression both platforms would only be used during Twins games.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

EOst
Capella Tower

Postby EOst » December 13th, 2014, 11:48 am

Sure, in the near future that's the only time you'd ever really need both, but the big advantage is the flexibility and expandability.

LRV Op Dude
Union Depot

Postby LRV Op Dude » December 17th, 2014, 2:34 pm

Green Line train, squad collided because officer drove through light, report says
A collision between a Green Line train and a St. Paul police squad car last month occurred because an officer drove through a red traffic light, according to a Metro Transit report released Tuesday.

web

Postby web » December 17th, 2014, 10:31 pm

it took a month to determine something so obvious at the time.......

ProspectPete
Union Depot

Postby ProspectPete » December 29th, 2014, 12:26 pm

What's up with our train. Nice day to have it not work. This is twice now by my count ( no power).

MidwayLuke
Block E

Postby MidwayLuke » December 29th, 2014, 3:07 pm

My westbound train was delayed at Fairview this morning. Then, it switched tracks before stopping for good a Raymond...had to get on a bus. Driver said it was a power outage.

seanrichardryan
IDS Center

Postby seanrichardryan » December 29th, 2014, 3:51 pm

There was an outage on the blue line too.
Q. What, what? A. In da butt.