Rumors: A Historical Record of Mystery

Introductions - Urban Issues - Miscellaneous News, Topics, Interests
grant1simons2
IDS Center

Re: Rumors: A Historical Record of Mystery

Postby grant1simons2 » January 30th, 2015, 12:42 pm

Nope. If you look at what Avian posted, he saw it a year before it was posted on Skyscraperpage, (not SSC). So unless someone on here created it in 2013 but deleted it promptly after they posted it but was saved by RetiredBanker who later showed it to Avian.. Then it wasn't from here

(not snarking btw)

acs
Wells Fargo Center

Postby acs » January 30th, 2015, 1:01 pm

So... That was a real proposal then? Maybe not by the "consortium" but by someone else?

twincitizen

Postby twincitizen » January 30th, 2015, 1:11 pm

Avian stated at least twice in this very thread that it was real, and he had seen it previous to it showing up online. Real as in "not a hoax", but not real in the sense of it having a chance of ever getting built.

Silophant

Postby Silophant » January 30th, 2015, 1:14 pm

"Ryan" has a bit of a hate for Urban even though he hasn't even been on here.
One if the first posts by TexasRE that was supposedly passed on from Ryan details how he checked this forum out and decided we were all childish angry hypocrites. It was the first post to mention "angry bois", I believe. Anyway, his main evidence for our hypocrisy was all the crimes we admitted to in the Embarrassing Confessions thread, which, at that time, was in the accountlocked Anything Goes area, and on the second or third page to boot. So "Ryan" definitely spent a surprising amount of time here, for a big shot exec who's so busy he has to have a friend post to SSC for him.
Joey Senkyr
[email protected]

Minneboy
US Bank Plaza

Postby Minneboy » January 30th, 2015, 4:36 pm

Avian stated at least twice in this very thread that it was real, and he had seen it previous to it showing up online. Real as in "not a hoax", but not real in the sense of it having a chance of ever getting built.
I think Nasa said he had seen it before it was outed.

Minneboy
US Bank Plaza

Postby Minneboy » January 30th, 2015, 4:38 pm

Also it was TexasRE/June who threatened action if those posts weren't removed. Not just here but the other 2 forums as well.

MN Fats
Union Depot

Postby MN Fats » January 30th, 2015, 4:47 pm

Also it was TexasRE/June who threatened action if those posts weren't removed. Not just here but the other 2 forums as well.
So we should just post them again and see who sues? :lol:

PhilmerPhil

Postby PhilmerPhil » January 30th, 2015, 5:28 pm

We could post them everywhere with a caption that says: Photo supplied by Rick Christenson. That'll get him talking.

jennifat
City Center

Postby jennifat » January 30th, 2015, 5:46 pm

One if the first posts by TexasRE that was supposedly passed on from Ryan details how he checked this forum out and decided we were all childish angry hypocrites. It was the first post to mention "angry bois", I believe..
It seems strange to me that a white-bread, supposedly straight, devoutly Christian man in his 50s (or older?) would even be familiar with the term "boi". The use of that kind of modern gay slang suggests to me that whoever is behind all of these phony aliases is likely a much younger person.

grant1simons2
IDS Center

Postby grant1simons2 » January 30th, 2015, 5:49 pm

Or someone who is just around young people a lot. Boi is used now just as slang for a guy

Nick
Capella Tower

Postby Nick » January 30th, 2015, 5:52 pm

With the i?
Nick Magrino
[email protected]

Minneboy
US Bank Plaza

Postby Minneboy » January 30th, 2015, 5:52 pm

One if the first posts by TexasRE that was supposedly passed on from Ryan details how he checked this forum out and decided we were all childish angry hypocrites. It was the first post to mention "angry bois", I believe..
It seems strange to me that a white-bread, supposedly straight, devoutly Christian man in his 50s (or older?) would even be familiar with the term "boi". The use of that kind of modern gay slang suggests to me that whoever is behind all of these phony aliases is likely a much younger person.
boi=gay, hmmm as a 56yo gay man I've never heard that before. Maybe i should change my name.

grant1simons2
IDS Center

Postby grant1simons2 » January 30th, 2015, 6:06 pm

Yes. With the i. Trust me, it's a thing

MN Fats
Union Depot

Postby MN Fats » January 30th, 2015, 6:09 pm

Still a strange thing to say in the context that it was posted in.

PhilmerPhil

Postby PhilmerPhil » January 30th, 2015, 6:13 pm

boi: Not that uncommon.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TIy3n2b7V9k

Remember, Rick is internet savvy. He's been around message boards and MySpace for a long time. It's not out of the realm of possibility that he's familiar with these nuances.

jennifat
City Center

Postby jennifat » January 30th, 2015, 6:15 pm

[boi=gay, hmmm as a 56yo gay man I've never heard that before. Maybe i should change my name.
Well, you are over 50. ;) Seriously, that's not a knock on you; it's very much a generational thing.

I understood the reference to "angry bois" as a vaguely derogatory swipe at the fact that a lot of posters here are gay men. Why else would one spell it "bois"?

DFPegg
Metrodome

Postby DFPegg » January 30th, 2015, 6:26 pm

Also, "white-bread, supposedly straight, devoutly Christian man in their 50s (or older)" sometimes have private lives that aren't so much the former. Double lives from being wound too tight.

Cacorro sometimes in Spanish. Down low brother if you will.

In other words, the use of "boi" maybe means the profile is handled by someone younger or maybe means he hangs with a young gay crew on the side or maybe something else.

For me, it doesn't mean anything specifically yet but it did always strike me as out of character for the staid patriarch he would try to project.

EDIT: What Jennifat said too

grant1simons2
IDS Center

Postby grant1simons2 » January 30th, 2015, 6:38 pm

June sent me this while we were talking about Saks off Fifth on November 1st, 2014
Oh, I forgot to answer the Saks question. Yes, Saks is still looking. We've discussed the City Center with Shorenstein & Saks. Saks wants to be downtown, plus they know the demographics are changing rapidly. What they want to do is eventually change back to a full-service Saks store rather than Off 5th. Don't worry though, that situation will be resolved, you'll feel more confident once you read Ryan's outline. Oh, there's a 15 message rule on here, so if I don't respond, that's probably the reason why. Just so you know.

IllogicalJake
Target Field

Postby IllogicalJake » February 2nd, 2015, 4:16 pm

Maybe "boi" is just a silly attempt to give all of the characters more different writing/spelling/grammar styles? That was my assumption for a while, anyway.
i talk too much. web dev, downtown. admin @ tower.ly

MN Fats
Union Depot

Postby MN Fats » February 2nd, 2015, 4:19 pm

Some exciting new developments on Ryan's LinkedIn page :lol: