Mayo Clinic Square

Downtown - North Loop - Mill District - Elliot Park - Loring Park
HiawathaGuy
Wells Fargo Center

Re: Mayo Clinic Square

Postby HiawathaGuy » April 7th, 2015, 2:49 pm

I can't believe how much better this building looks!
Agreed!!

Before

After

nickmgray
Union Depot

Postby nickmgray » April 8th, 2015, 10:47 am

Do the plans call for any changes to the central portion of the building that faces the Target Center (mainly, the section above the hotel entrance). It looks completely out of place with the exterior design of the rest of the building.

Lancestar2

Postby Lancestar2 » April 8th, 2015, 2:42 pm

Now does anybody know is the old red staircase which clearly said "Skyway" still in place? If so is it clearly market? It has to be right? I mean with the city wanting more Street to Skyway access points they must have not allowed the removal of a clearly market S2S access point right? ..

twinkess
Target Field

Postby twinkess » April 8th, 2015, 2:47 pm

Now does anybody know is the old red staircase which clearly said "Skyway" still in place? If so is it clearly market? It has to be right? I mean with the city wanting more Street to Skyway access points they must have not allowed the removal of a clearly market S2S access point right? ..
I'll take a look tomorrow.

HuskyGrad
Union Depot

Postby HuskyGrad » April 8th, 2015, 3:25 pm

On the Hennepin side the main entrance is more prominent with a glass stairwell to the skyway level shown.

TroyGBiv
US Bank Plaza

Postby TroyGBiv » April 8th, 2015, 6:27 pm

I don't think the hotel is part of this... I think they are two separate buildings with two different owners.

John
Capella Tower

Postby John » April 8th, 2015, 7:47 pm

Do the plans call for any changes to the central portion of the building that faces the Target Center (mainly, the section above the hotel entrance). It looks completely out of place with the exterior design of the rest of the building.
I agree the hotel looks somewhat out of place ( as it did with the previous exterior). However, the rest of the complex looks dramatically better as compared to before. I'm especially looking forward to the back lighting of the mesh screens at night which I think will be beautiful and contribute a great deal to the "light show" along Hennepin Ave .

Wedgeguy
Capella Tower

Postby Wedgeguy » April 8th, 2015, 8:03 pm

That is tore out, It is now part of the new redesign entrance to the Skyway and Hotel combo lobby.

twinkess
Target Field

Postby twinkess » April 9th, 2015, 7:47 am

The clearly marked "Skyway" sign is gone although the doors are still there. It appears that something will take the signs' place, the area isn't finished yet. It was raining otherwise I would have taken a picture.

Lancestar2

Postby Lancestar2 » April 9th, 2015, 9:05 am

The clearly marked "Skyway" sign is gone although the doors are still there. It appears that something will take the signs' place, the area isn't finished yet. It was raining otherwise I would have taken a picture.
Ok great, thanks for checking! I guess there is still a chance they didn't downgrade the most used S2S access point in online documents to promote S2S access points expansion. So far the building looks pretty nice. Also I guess if Target center become more inviting for a public S2S (Sidewalk to Skyway) access point not much harm would have been done in the long run. The area sure is changing.

Wedgeguy
Capella Tower

Postby Wedgeguy » April 16th, 2015, 8:46 pm

Walking by the other night and notice that they have turned on some of the up lighting on the upper levels of 7th. There are also lights that are along the top edge of the 1st floor stone section that are LED and the light reflects off the stone very nicely. The area will no longer be dark and dreary.

grant1simons2
IDS Center

Postby grant1simons2 » April 17th, 2015, 4:04 pm

They have a lynx and a wolf now in screen form. Kind of hard to explain it. I'll have a picture up soon

grant1simons2
IDS Center

Postby grant1simons2 » April 17th, 2015, 9:51 pm

ImageDSC_1033 by grant.simons, on Flickr
ImageDSC_1032 by grant.simons, on Flickr

Wedgeguy
Capella Tower

Postby Wedgeguy » April 17th, 2015, 10:28 pm

Those screens must have just gone up!! They are great and I did not see them the other night. Look forward to any additional lighting scheme that they will work into the screened area.

Tyler
Foshay Tower

Postby Tyler » April 18th, 2015, 6:55 am

Well there goes my hope for the wolves rebranding this summer.
Towns!

Didier
Capella Tower

Postby Didier » April 18th, 2015, 8:39 am

Well there goes my hope for the wolves rebranding this summer.

jet777
Nicollet Mall

Postby jet777 » April 19th, 2015, 8:36 am

The giant wolf erases all effort to make the building look less cheesy. Boo.

Minneboy
US Bank Plaza

Postby Minneboy » April 19th, 2015, 2:08 pm

However the Lynx is superb.

Silophant

Postby Silophant » April 19th, 2015, 3:32 pm

The giant wolf erases all effort to make the building look less cheesy. Boo.
Eh, difference of opinion, I suppose, but on a building already covered with animated billboards, I don't think the logos of the anchor tenants are that bad.
Joey Senkyr
[email protected]

grant1simons2
IDS Center

Postby grant1simons2 » April 22nd, 2015, 7:39 pm

Took a bit of a look yesterday

ImageWP_20150421_005 by grant.simons, on Flickr

ImageWP_20150421_006 by grant.simons, on Flickr

ImageWP_20150421_007 by grant.simons, on Flickr

ImageWP_20150421_009 by grant.simons, on Flickr

ImageWP_20150421_008 by grant.simons, on Flickr

(my phones camera doesn't do it justice)