Metro Transit Problems

Roads - Rails - Sidewalks - Bikeways
intercomnut
Rice Park

Metro Transit Problems

Postby intercomnut » June 10th, 2015, 10:55 pm

First of all, I want to apologize if this isn't the correct section for this topic.

Anyways, last week I submitted a complaint to MT about a bus that passed me and 4 other people without stopping, trying to give them as much info as possible. This was the response:

"Thank you for contacting Metro Transit regarding the bus on route 6 passing you and several other passengers on 6/3. I am so sorry you had that experience with our bus service that night.

Your message stated this occurred at 19:25:00. Per GPS tracking this departed the prior timepoint at Minneapolis Community College at 19:30:17 and arrived at Hennepin Ave & 9th St. at 19:33:00. This bus is equipped with a passenger counter and indicates one passenger was let off at Hennepin and 9th. I also checked the prior bus on the schedule. This one arrived at Hennepin and 9th at 17:21:06, dropped two passengers off and picked up 7.

Although I was not able to find evidence to validate your observations today, we truly appreciate that you have taken the time to let us know about your concerns. If you notice anything like this or any other issues in the future, we hope you will not hesitate to let us know.

Thank you for using Metro Transit."

I know this must seem ridiculous, since they have GPS and APC data that says the bus stopped. But it didn't. I don't know if this is bad data or if something else is going on. I could let it go, but being essentially told I was lying is maddening to me.

Also, MT responded the same way to my girlfriend when she sent in a complaint, so it's not just this one time.

So, I'm wondering: has this happened to anyone else? If so did you do anything about it?

Is there anything i can do about this?

Sorry if this is ranty. Obviously, I'm a bit upset.

Wedgeguy
Capella Tower

Re: MT Customer Service Says I'm Lying

Postby Wedgeguy » June 10th, 2015, 11:31 pm

I'd go back with a," I think you are lying, so that you can understate the number of times that buses and train have this happen." Yes I said trains. I was on an east bound green line that came to a stop at the Prospect Park station, but the door would not open as many times as people tried to get them to open before the train took off again. Someone standing next to me called Metro Transit to ask what was happening and basically was told that they would look into it. People had to get off at the next stop and hoof it back to their destination.

Email, tweet, or text your CM, the mayor, the head of Metro Transit, and your representative, as they are in charge of handing out the MT budgets, and ask if they are trying to understate their poor performance and basically call those affected by their poor performance as liars who ask for an explanation. If you try this, let us know who gets back to you and with what explanation.
PS. I'd like to know how they know how many got off a bus as there are two sets of doors and people coming on while others are leaving so I know it ain't the bus driver!!