North Loop Neighborhood

Downtown - North Loop - Mill District - Elliot Park - Loring Park
SurlyLHT
Wells Fargo Center

Re: North Loop Neighborhood

Postby SurlyLHT » August 29th, 2022, 8:47 am

Look at the massive amounts of space taken up for these exits. This area is becoming pretty valuable. Maybe some of the space could have a relocated Farmers Market?
Capture54.JPG

Big Mike
Block E

Postby Big Mike » August 29th, 2022, 3:24 pm

Removing the 4th street viaduct would open a lot more space in a more valuable part of town. Remember, the parts that you squiggled out are below city street grade for that area so not a lot of useable space is gained.

Nick
Capella Tower

Postby Nick » February 1st, 2023, 8:07 pm

Sounds like they’re going to start popping some pedestrian refuges in the middle of Washington Avenue. I thought this was a pretty good example of communication:

https://vimeo.com/790512374
Nick Magrino
[email protected]

alexschief
Wells Fargo Center

Postby alexschief » March 23rd, 2023, 9:03 am

So much for a small format grocery store in the Duffey 2.0 project, the 20k SF retail space in the new building will be a drinks and minigolf place.

Do we have a term for these types of businesses? Similar to Pinstripes and all the axe throwing places. Maybe "adult arcade"? They're fun and I don't have a problem with them, except I'd like more businesses serving basic daily needs first.

Silophant

Postby Silophant » March 23rd, 2023, 9:45 am

3 golf bars in the North Loop seems kinda wild, assuming that one at Washington and Hennepin actually happens.
Joey Senkyr
[email protected]

Nick
Capella Tower

Postby Nick » March 23rd, 2023, 9:53 am

I think it’s under construction now? It looks like there’s work going on in the space.
Nick Magrino
[email protected]

Silophant

Postby Silophant » March 23rd, 2023, 12:10 pm

Oh, cool. Haven't been by there in a few weeks.
Joey Senkyr
[email protected]

Bakken2016
Wells Fargo Center

Postby Bakken2016 » March 23rd, 2023, 12:54 pm

As a North Loop resident this is severely disappointing, our neighborhood could easily support another grocery store, that would be more convenient for us that live on the west end of the neighborhood.

VacantLuxuries
Foshay Tower

Postby VacantLuxuries » May 27th, 2023, 1:25 pm

Hope Hines has an appetite for more. Either a private project or stadium development would help to kick off another decade worth of expansion for the North Loop, but I'd much prefer the version of events that doesn't include the whole "We love this city, that's why we're going to ask you to give us millions or we'll drop you cold" routine.

twincitizen

Postby twincitizen » September 27th, 2023, 1:44 pm

I split HERC talk into it's own thread: viewtopic.php?t=4734

Anondson
IDS Center

North Loop Neighborhood

Postby Anondson » December 5th, 2023, 5:01 pm

This is arguably North Loop, but the Wells Fargo site at Olson Memorial and 7th will be closed and sold. Branch relocating closer to North Minneapolis.

https://www.bizjournals.com/twincities/ ... ghway.html

Bakken2016
Wells Fargo Center

Postby Bakken2016 » December 6th, 2023, 9:20 am

This is arguably North Loop, but the Wells Fargo site at Olson Memorial and 7th will be closed and sold. Branch relocating closer to North Minneapolis.

https://www.bizjournals.com/twincities/ ... ghway.html
I'm curious if this will be redeveloped or will have to be taken for the Blue Line Extension. Either way it is an ugly car centric building and happy to see it go.

Anondson
IDS Center

Postby Anondson » December 6th, 2023, 10:16 am

The close proximity to the Royalston or Target Field stations is interesting to think about (two block walks?) but crossing Olson or 7th is an unpleasant experience.

It’s also going to have close freeway access for drivers, and frankly that matters to many people still.

BoredAgain
Union Depot

Postby BoredAgain » December 6th, 2023, 11:55 am

The close proximity to the Royalston or Target Field stations is interesting to think about (two block walks?) but crossing Olson or 7th is an unpleasant experience.

It’s also going to have close freeway access for drivers, and frankly that matters to many people still.
No one should need to take a freeway to reach their local bank branch.

COLSLAW5
Nicollet Mall

Postby COLSLAW5 » December 6th, 2023, 12:21 pm

I'm curious if this will be redeveloped or will have to be taken for the Blue Line Extension. Either way it is an ugly car centric building and happy to see it go.
on current plans for the blue line it show the building needing to be demolished so i would assume they will be looking to buy it hopefully

Bakken2016
Wells Fargo Center

Postby Bakken2016 » December 6th, 2023, 12:59 pm

on current plans for the blue line it show the building needing to be demolished so i would assume they will be looking to buy it hopefully
Though it shows the old radiator shop needing to be demolished, but that was purchased by someone last year. I do wonder if it is just possible land acquisition, and more engineering needs to be done to refine land requirements.

Overall the move is good for the Northside!

COLSLAW5
Nicollet Mall

Postby COLSLAW5 » March 15th, 2024, 12:22 pm

Barcelona wine bar looks to be opening this summer in the Duffy lofts retail space based on city permits

https://barcelonawinebar.com/

The cuisine is clean and rustic, with tapas shaped by Mediterranean, Spanish, and South American influences. Nearly 400 wines are featured on the wine list.